Unwanted emails

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Since logging onto this new format, yesterday I have received 17 unwanted emails from practical caravan , relating to topics within this forum all from different members, why is this happening,
I have now declared them as junk mail ,so that I can read my normal in coming mail, without having to trawl through all the practical caravan mails.

Royston

Dec 11, 2003
www.tribalogic.net
Hello,

Royston said:
Since logging onto this new format, yesterday I have received 17 unwanted emails from practical caravan , relating to topics within this forum all from different members, why is this happening,
I have now declared them as junk mail ,so that I can read my normal in coming mail, without having to trawl through all the practical caravan mails.

Royston

This is a feature of the new forum system.

When you post a reply on a topic, you have an option to "Subscribe" to it (there is a little check box which says "Check this box to be notified of replies to this topic").

If you subscribe to a topic you will be emailed whenever anyone posts to it.

The forum has a few options here:
  • Check the box by default (current setting) or leave it unchecked
  • Email every new post (current setting) or just the first new post since the last visit

Personally, I think the Subscription check box should be left as default ticked, but I would personally prefer the setting where it only emails you on first reply on a topic until you next visit it on the web, and read the replies. The "first post only" notification cycle then starts again.

I suspect most people, like yourself, probably agree! If there are no objections I'll make this change this afternoon. Does that sound good to you?

Dec 11, 2003
www.tribalogic.net
OK, no complaints so far and a few nods from others so that the "only one email for updated topics until you login and look at them" setting enabled (which means you won't get one email per update anymore).

That should hopefully cut down on the email volume a bit.

TRENDING THREADS