Update - on parking charge

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi peeps
Just thought I would update you all.
Sent off my letter to the shop company, Put my email and number on the email attached sketch of car park, forgot to attach the charge DOH.
Any way I was contacted, a guy rang me saying he dealt with all parking for the shop comapny, told me they have nothing to do notices, that the parking comapany managed their "back yard" carpark he called it...and supplied all the signs, cameras etc them selves. and the the shop receives no money off the notice.......also that the car parks are monitored and regulated to be correct with the signs. But the entrance sign is 50 feet away from where you enter........ He said they can't just tell the company to cancel ticket but he could get it suspended but needed the notice.... Will be emailing him that. not sure what happens next?

He was nice a chatty but, I totally panicked when he asked questions on phone waffled a lot said a bit to much. threw in a couple of excuses. but I look advice and wrote the letter in the third party, so more panic ensued when he asked if the people concerned had made a purchase |I went and said Yes I but they paid cash, He then asked what it was they actually bought. aaaagh complete cold sweat panic I said I would contact the people concerned and send rest of stuff. implying he needs the info so he can tell comapny only guessing here or to check at shop!!

Now my dilema is what do I say about a purchase, shall I be honest and say no purchase took place? (whicch it didn't) or be vague?

But if this company manage car park and supply everthing, if they don't ever get anyone would they really up keep and maintain eveything at their own expense???? just don't understand who the sign is for ? name comapny but also name shop so surely shop should be help accountable too?

Still didn't understand that!!!!
I went back to the car park and the sign as you drive in is nearly 50' away and over to the right... so as people drive in looking to the left turning left the sign is on the right..hope you understand that. we counted 7 signs, at first he said there were plenty og signs a dozen then after he said 9 signs...
so has I say I panicked totally hopless at confrontation even on the phone.
Still not concluded yet can't tell you the stress levels and sick feeling and paranoia I'm suffering at the moment.

If I drank I might be drunk LOL

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
smiley said:
Hi peeps
Just thought I would update you all.
Sent off my letter to the shop company, Put my email and number on the email attached sketch of car park, forgot to attach the charge DOH.
Any way I was contacted, a guy rang me saying he dealt with all parking for the shop comapny, told me they have nothing to do notices, that the parking comapany managed their "back yard" carpark he called it...and supplied all the signs, cameras etc them selves. and the the shop receives no money off the notice.......also that the car parks are monitored and regulated to be correct with the signs. But the entrance sign is 50 feet away from where you enter........ He said they can't just tell the company to cancel ticket but he could get it suspended but needed the notice.... Will be emailing him that. not sure what happens next?

He was nice a chatty but, I totally panicked when he asked questions on phone waffled a lot said a bit to much. threw in a couple of excuses. but I look advice and wrote the letter in the third party, so more panic ensued when he asked if the people concerned had made a purchase |I went and said Yes I but they paid cash, He then asked what it was they actually bought. aaaagh complete cold sweat panic I said I would contact the people concerned and send rest of stuff. implying he needs the info so he can tell comapny only guessing here or to check at shop!!

Now my dilema is what do I say about a purchase, shall I be honest and say no purchase took place? (whicch it didn't) or be vague?

But if this company manage car park and supply everthing, if they don't ever get anyone would they really up keep and maintain eveything at their own expense???? just don't understand who the sign is for ? name comapny but also name shop so surely shop should be help accountable too?

Still didn't understand that!!!!
I went back to the car park and the sign as you drive in is nearly 50' away and over to the right... so as people drive in looking to the left turning left the sign is on the right..hope you understand that. we counted 7 signs, at first he said there were plenty og signs a dozen then after he said 9 signs...
so has I say I panicked totally hopless at confrontation even on the phone.
Still not concluded yet can't tell you the stress levels and sick feeling and paranoia I'm suffering at the moment.

If I drank I might be drunk LOL

I am not sure why you are bothering with writing a letter to the scam artists as they do not have an appeal procedure. Follow the advice given on the forums and you cannot go wrong. Just in case you missed it ehre is a link to the actual defence. See here. You are getting stressed about an invoice.
If the shop are denying that they have anything to do with the car park this works in your favour as they are indicating that there is no contract between them and the parking company therefore the parking company cannot act on behalf of the land owner and certainly cannot apply penalty charges. Pity you never got this in writing. In future please keep all correspondence in writing as you are then creating a paper trail.
In the meantime if it makes you feel better, write and appeal to the PPC that the charges are not justified. They will reject your appeal and then give yopu a POPLA reference number. When you get the POPLA number follow the advice on the link I gave you and keep your money in yoru pocket and do not converse with them over the phone.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Thank you Surfer...

It was to the shop I complain about the 45 restriction not just for me but for anyone else who might get caught out..

Yes, I did realise I did a dumb thing with my number and shouldn't have talked to shop man. but spilt milk

have emailed the info he asked for notice number as he did say he woudl get it suspended but not sure if were talking the same laungage here my suspended means you can go back to things.... so I will wait for next step as you say in wirting.....

thanks for listening guys it does help even if I still mess up and forget... your advice....

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
No problem and keep us updated. I will try and help as much as possible although the forums mentioned are your best source of advice.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Private
parking company Parking Eye issued a claim for damages arising from breach of
contract, but Parking Eye had not shown how the actions of the motorist had
caused a loss, or genuine pre-estimate of loss.

The judge found that, in his opinion, a contractual arrangement to manage
parking does not give rise to a cause of action to claim for damages. In particular, the lack of ownership of the
land meant that the Parking Eye had no standing to bring such an action in
their own name.

On its website, Parking Eye likes to boast of wins 'all over the land'. Probably not this one though.

TRENDING THREADS