Update

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I hope this post will be taken in the spirit in which it is written and that it can all come to a close soon. I know some of you felt that I should have "walked away" but I am not that sort of person and I make no apology for that. I would ask that you reflect on the fact that the vindictive attacks on individuals have stopped, though some individuals hiding behind pseudonyms are still popping up from time to time with silly taunts. What has been now established is that there IS a way of controlling unruly elements on this Forum.

Despite a fair bit of "talk" on the subject, the legal wheels I put in motion did not involve people in wigs and funny clothes. Commercial law is somewhat different to the courtroom drama of TV. Look at the Forum Etiquette section and Privacy Policy for a good example of contract law. I have answered Deborah's questions elsewhere.

We were not seeking to obtain any specific information that would be deemed to be private or personal and therefore subject to a possible complaint against me under the Data Protection Act.

However, the Data Protection Act was written in order to create a balance of privacy and openness and does not restrict individuals to only receiving their own data. Thus where an unfounded accusation is made it is possible to identify the source if the accusation is serious, damaging & malicious.

Clearly the Act was NOT designed to protect those making such accusations. UK law applies to this Forum as it does to any other publication.

What we have obtained is already in the public domain. We have now established were the defamatory comment and false accusation came from.

The protagonists "scalded cat" reaction and immediate exit from the forum is understandable.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Clive,

Can you pass this onto your leagal team please?

You can't defame nicknames when people don't know who they are.

So, if you spread the same **** TV licence allegations but called him Big Beardo McFluffy, he can't sue, even if he knows you are referring to him - unless other people know him by the same nickname.

On the internet the rules are exactly the same. There are no special internet defences. The only advantage is that web sites tend to have a smaller number of users, (so less people see it hence it's less defamatory so it's rarely worth the bother of going to court) and allegations can be removed promptly on protest from a defamed party.

On the web, the writer, the web site owner and the ISP can all be sued just like the writer, the magazine and the distributor in the print field. A link could also be potentially defamatory if you are linking to defamatory material.

To others, make the most of the forum, it looks like it's going to be closed down!

Hope this helps Jon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks jon - we are certainly aware of this and that is why we had to act as we did. To be fair if we had been dealing with someone of real talent and flair they could have stopped us at an early stage.

As for the Forum closing down I do not think this is an issue. They have a very good disclaimer in the etiquette section.

I do not know if you saw my suggestion to Lutz (towcars) re his ever helpful answers - this disclaimer means that PC will never be held responcible for what is published here but as UK law is getting to grips with such publications as thsi Forum there IS a need for individuals like Lutz to protect themselves in case the inadvertantly get it wrong.

Depends on your personal attitude to risk I suppose

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Billy you really are a missing the point - probably deliberatly I would think, just to try to focus others against me and what I have done.

If anything the Forum is now better in that the disruptive elements are now under control. The disclaimer mentioned earlier in the etiquette section makes sure that PC will never be held liable for what is said on this Forum.

Therefore what you are implying is pure scaremongering.

DO NOT BELIEVE THIS IDIOT! HE MUST HAVE HIS OWN WARPED AGENDA TO WANT TO INFER THIS.

If you are worried - may I suggest you email PCV direct - I am certain they will provide you with the facts not hysterical rantings.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive, are you seriously implying that Billy is the idiot here or someone else? I know you will think that I am trying to inflame the situation, but this is definately not the case. Billy has always appeared to be a well meaning and helpful member of this forum and I feel he has been attacked unneccarily. He is probably speaking up for a large number of other members who are fed up being called names.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
CliveV - please gather up your toys and go play somewhere else. Anyone who wants to use this forum for the purpose it was intended is heartily sick to the back teeth of all this garbage which applies to others as well as you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Oh Please Please PLEASE will you lot stop making this some kind of sparring match.

It is clear to all what Billy was implying and that is that the Forum is in danger because of what I have done. That makes him a 100% card carrying idiot in my book!

But if anyone is worried then contact PCV - they will confirm that their disclaimer protects them from anything said on this Forum.

Daventura - you clearly love to poke and antagonise but surely even you can see that this thing need to come to an end.

Why don't you just let it go?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Surely a line should be drawn under this and we can all get back to the reason for this forum.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Clive you really need to sit back and take a look at yourself, you're now sounding like a ranting maniac. Billy did not deserve that attack he was just voicing an opinion, you have threatened in the past to "verbally disembowel" any one that crosses you, well you are certainly doing that.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Right everyone! stop replying to this and it will naturally fall to the bottom and Clive will have to go away and annoy someone else. Agreed? That includes me of course!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I asked you once before Clive, to remain quiet about all this. You seem incapable of keeping it to yourself despite the protests from the contributors on this forum. Your turning into someone as vindictive as the people you claim to loath. If you feel you need to update anyone, feel free to email the moderator or PC as you can see, we really are not interested. Seems you have taken to defamation of character too, hope nobody starts trailing you! Just to throw a spanner in the works, how do we know Clive is Clive?

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I thing lot of have been put on this site to up set peaple.

I still stand by Clive. When I send the moderator mite be mor the one moderater on messer to the moderater. Some peale thort i was not rigth. just look now and I see Clive V

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I thing lot of have been put on this site to up set peaple.

I still stand by Clive. When I send the moderator mite be mor the one moderater on messer to the moderater. Some peale thort i was not rigth. just look now and I see Clive V
have to cum back later. to finish this of.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Billy - you wrote

"I would be most annoyed that Clive's public persecution of the alleged offender would lead to closure of a forum that is enjoyed by so many in terms of factual information and the heated debates."

I stand by my previous statement:-

"Billy you really are a missing the point - probably deliberatly I would think, just to try to focus others against me and what I have done.

If anything the Forum is now better in that the disruptive elements are now under control. The disclaimer mentioned earlier in the etiquette section makes sure that PC will never be held liable for what is said on this Forum.

Therefore what you are implying is pure scaremongering."

I f you don't like the term idiot are you happy with "misguided individual"?

May 21, 2005
Visit site
Billy - you wrote

"I would be most annoyed that Clive's public persecution of the alleged offender would lead to closure of a forum that is enjoyed by so many in terms of factual information and the heated debates."

I stand by my previous statement:-

"Billy you really are a missing the point - probably deliberatly I would think, just to try to focus others against me and what I have done.

Therefore what you are implying is pure scaremongering."

I f you don't like the term idiot are you happy with "misguided individual"?
I have only been a member of this forum for three months, and have never known so called adults act so childish, I thought I had left behavior lick this behind when I left school, at still only 23 I am starting to feel I am maybe to mature for this forum, And should start mixing with people my own age.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive you really need to sit back and take a look at yourself, you're now sounding like a ranting maniac. Billy did not deserve that attack he was just voicing an opinion, you have threatened in the past to "verbally disembowel" any one that crosses you, well you are certainly doing that.
Morning Big Boy - I never threatened to verbally disembowel anybody. I said that as a seasoned formal debater I had the skills to do so. This comment was made when we had idiots running arround the Forum making antagonistic postings under assumed names. Even impersonating the Moderator at one point. Despite their then being banned from the Forum they kept comming back using a new address.

The comment I made was in that context. i.e. they are only doing what they are doing because "I have the skills to etc etc"

There was no threat and you are wrong to imply that there was.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I asked you once before Clive, to remain quiet about all this. You seem incapable of keeping it to yourself despite the protests from the contributors on this forum. Your turning into someone as vindictive as the people you claim to loath. If you feel you need to update anyone, feel free to email the moderator or PC as you can see, we really are not interested. Seems you have taken to defamation of character too, hope nobody starts trailing you! Just to throw a spanner in the works, how do we know Clive is Clive?
Don't be silly Lol - If people were NOT interested - you and all the other would not keep adding further postings!!!

I am happy to continue to reply to questions asked, points made etc etc.

If there is no interest I would be left talking to myself would I not?

It will die a death as all these things do but the longer people keep contributing the slower will be the subjects demise.

At least our actions seems to have stopped the silliness that infected the Forum a while ago. For that most people seem pleased.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Billy I cannot see how you have apology to CliveV.

. Would it bee better to say sorry and ask. What he had not like what you send.

Then you might get a answers. Form him I now he might snap at you fist. But when you think what CliveV was called in the first place. Was not rigth at all? Think s cud have worket out a lot where for him. In one way. I would say he cud have got a crime record for what was send. Ethan thaw it is not right what was send and you are not thinking how is family got up set by what was send. You have all so not read what I put and what Lol has as put well. Then all this cud stop and we cud star and use this forum for the job what it is shud be use for and get ride of the one who would like to start by use the forum to up stet people. I think that the Moderator shud cum back. BUT this time he ort to keep a do a better job the what he did do and not let thing

Start to get out of hand. He shud look at forum a lot more the he was.

I see there his a lot of new people who are starting to use this forum. But the cuds have been a lot more who got put of by what has been said. So lets start by using it Wright. A lot of you now I got dyslexic. It take me long time to read what some of you have put. Has I have to so time read it 4 or 5 before I get what has been said. So it has been so of putting laity to trey to use the forum. I hope that you can see what I am getting at. Sorry if you can not.

See you all later Mark.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes I can see what you are saying and I am very grateful that you said it.

You are correct the accusation made could have had serious repercussions for me and my business.

I know all sensible people will understand that.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Yes I can see what you are saying and I am very grateful that you said it.

You are correct the accusation made could have had serious repercussions for me and my business.

I know all sensible people will understand that.
Thank you CliveV for whot you sead

Mark thank for sorting the forum out

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Er, Clive, I do believe you're the one that posted the update, and to be honest I think you thrive on such arguments. Calling me names too, where will it all end?

Mar 17, 2005
Visit site
I vowed that I wouldn't get involved in all of this tiresome, boring, bullying egotistical. blah,blah, blah that seems to be clogging up all posts on the forum but I had to reply to Billy -EXCELLENT POSTING!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts