Uprating suspension

Apr 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I am thinking of uprating the rear springs on my 2000 Mercedes E320 cdi.I wondered if this option is possible and will the upgrade stop the car looking "back-end" down when i have my van attached. Also would the harder springs make the car too firm when not towing?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The car is designed for use up to the maximum rear axle load specified by the manufacturer without the need for any suspension modifications. By the way, the noseweight acting on the towball must be included as part of the payload of the car. In the interests of a comfortable ride when not towing and in order to avoid affecting the handling characteristics of the car when solo, I would advise against any changes.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If its enything like the old dowager (Rover 820), I replaced the shockers with self levelling ones, and transformed the car into a car capable of being driven confidently around the old twisty stuff without feeling like the back end was going to pop out.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have fitted Load adjuster shock absorbers to a Peugeot 405 Estate anf M A D units to a Picasso.Both were greatly improved and the progressive nature of them did not affect ride comfort but improved sag under load and reduced rolling particularly on the Picasso

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I have aSAAB 9000CSE turbo and the ride solo is soft. Although it tows well I was alawys aware of the effect of noseweight even witha carefully loaded van and within the cars noseweight limit. I fitted MAD secondary springs and it has improved things when towing with no detriment when not towing. In fact when acrying four adults and luggage solo the car drives better as the MAD springs come into effect. They took the garage les than 45 minutes to fit.

Clive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts