URGENT help needed on Snakemaster stabilizer

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Newbee here needing help. Last year my car was written off in a flood and my bracket for the stabilizer was left on the car.

I couldn't get another bracket exactly the same but my local camping accessories put a new bracket on, but had to shave about 1mm off the stabilizer for it to fit.

My problem is that the screw that tightens the stabilizer into the bracket keeps coming loose after just a short distance.

Any advice on how to keep the screw in place (short of superglueing it!) gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mandy

I solved the problem thus.......

Obtain a nut and bolt with the same thread.... it is a common size and readily available.

Screw the nut right on the bolt and substitute it for the screw device.

It has to be long enough to tighten the stabilizer when the nut is screwed on the bolt nearly to the bolt head.

You may have to buy a longer bolt and cut it to size.

Tighten the bolt to secure the stabiliser.

Once the stabiliser is tight, screw the nut up to bracket and tighten the nut. You now have a lock nut fitted and nothing will come loose.

You obviously now have to carry a spanner to fit and remove the stabiliser but leave the bolt always in place, just lock it to the bracket with the nut when solo.

Hope this helps!

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for that. I've got a bolt and although it doesn't seem logical, it works!!! Thank goodness for that - I've been looking forward to this and want it all to go smoothly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts