USA //Canada help

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
hello all

I need some help I need personal insurance only for going to Canada but will be visiting USA too..

My time out there will be 9 weeks, I went on to post hearing they were good but they want £200...

Does anyone know of a good company....

thanks

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I am looking at nationwide.. as they provide holiday insurance with account... they say there is an upgrade to worldwide for a fee ofcourse.

Has anyone any knowledge of using N/W insurance???

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Smiley

I have to agree that travel insurance for foreign trips has gone silly. In 2007 our family went to Canada, but because my wife had certain medical conditions, the cost of insurance was greater than the cost of all our flights put together!.

In the end I discovered that a private medical insurance I had through work would actually kick in if a medical condition required more than 24 Hours in hospital, and it covered repatriation. All I then had to do was cover our flights which still cost the same as one ticket.

I'm not sure that loophole still exists, You would need to check.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi Prof

thanks for coming back... I will tell hubby about that when I see him, he's been out there for a while
I have decided to take the plunge and upgrade with Nationwide to world wide, the cost £70 which was better than over two hundred
I'm away tomorrow so should be in Canada at 8pm.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts