Use of new topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
personally always ensure I don’t use offensive language but very light mistakes by some people on here are easy to remove but, on the whole there seems very little bad language, but I agree the level of language is entirely down to moderators, I personally find the none stop use of posts that include glorying the mention of alcohol, certain people who post on here advocating alcohol in just about every posts they put on here, I read these and if this individual drinks to the levels he brags about then the soon he gets pulled by the police and removes his licence, there are definitely certain people on here who are part of a clique who post daily, the bragging regarding alcohol is unbelievable, nothing gets moaned at about the encouragement of alcohol is to my knowledge never taken off. Is it that any topic regardless of subject is perfectly ok as long as swear words are not used, surely the topic as well as the use of swearing is important or are certain people above the mods.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Lightly offensive language is easy to remove, but when it starts to be used more often by more forum members it can be more tricky for us to keep track of and to deal with effectively.
This is why I added a reminder about the forum rules which govern the use of offensive material.
As forum moderators we try our best to treat every forum user equally within forum rules and guidelines.
The use of inappropriate language is specifically prohibited by the rules of this forum.
Jokes between some forum members about the consumption of alcohol are not prohibited by any forum rule, which is why moderators have no reason to intervene in such exchanges.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Lightly offensive language is easy to remove, but when it starts to be used more often by more forum members it can be more tricky for us to keep track of and to deal with effectively.
This is why I added a reminder about the forum rules which govern the use of offensive material.
As forum moderators we try our best to treat every forum user equally within forum rules and guidelines.
The use of inappropriate language is specifically prohibited by the rules of this forum.
Jokes between some forum members about the consumption of alcohol are not prohibited by any forum rule, which is why moderators have no reason to intervene in such exchanges.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
personally always ensure I don’t use offensive language but very light mistakes by some people on here are easy to remove but, on the whole there seems very little bad language, but I agree the level of language is entirely down to moderators, I personally find the none stop use of posts that include glorying the mention of alcohol, certain people who post on here advocating alcohol in just about every posts they put on here, I read these and if this individual drinks to the levels he brags about then the soon he gets pulled by the police and removes his licence, there are definitely certain people on here who are part of a clique who post daily, the bragging regarding alcohol is unbelievable, nothing gets moaned at about the encouragement of alcohol is to my knowledge never taken off. Is it that any topic regardless of subject is perfectly ok as long as swear words are not used, surely the topic as well as the use of swearing is important or are certain people above the mods.
Some of us may brag about drinking copious amounts of alcohol, but that does not mean we drive while over the limit. I like a beer or two, but that is about my limit.

In the past 5 years the most number of beers I have drunk in one sitting is 5 beers and that only happened once when at home. I can only drink beer as do not like sugar flavoured vinegar that is passed off as wine and don't like spirits. :D

Reactions: Hutch
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
There is a group within the users of the group who all meet up at least once a year to have a get together, this group in my opinion are a group of caravan users are not interested in anything about caravanners but are only interested in where the nearest pub is to the camp, if it’s not within a walking distance they are not interested at all, it’s all about where the nearest pub is, the group encourage only visiting pubs, the group are people who have been on this forum and have different rules for their use of the topics , it’s without a doubt it’s one rule for the majority and another set of rules for the clique of the group who band together, alcohol is the main topic that gets talked about, I’m sure if someone started about a topic about one topic that is so anti social and run by only a bunch of friends , I wonder how long it would last,

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
There is a group within the users of the group who all meet up at least once a year to have a get together, this group in my opinion are a group of caravan users are not interested in anything about caravanners but are only interested in where the nearest pub is to the camp, if it’s not within a walking distance they are not interested at all, it’s all about where the nearest pub is, the group encourage only visiting pubs, the group are people who have been on this forum and have different rules for their use of the topics , it’s without a doubt it’s one rule for the majority and another set of rules for the clique of the group who band together, alcohol is the main topic that gets talked about, I’m sure if someone started about a topic about one topic that is so anti social and run by only a bunch of friends , I wonder how long it would last,
Absolute rubbish!
Which forum rules are these people that you mention breaking?
Precisely which forum rules do not apply to this so called clique who you say band together?
As an experienced forum moderator of long standing I'm very interested to know why you think that we're unfair in our application of forum rules.
The group that you refer to are the 'Woosies' and they meet once or maybe twice a year.
They extend an open invitation to any forum member who wants to join them.
If the Woosies want to walk to a pub for a meal or a drink, they're not driving are they, something that you accused them of earlier.
If you have something against forum members becoming friends, scroll on past whatever they write and don't read their input.
I consider the points that you're attempting to make, with veiled accusations about unfair moderators quite frankly ludicrous.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Wow what an unnecessary shot across the bows? Surely what people want to do in the spare time is of no concern to anyone else.

I don't get this sudden and unexplained attack on people who like to have a drink now and then whether on their own or in the company of others. When I was unable to drink, I certainly never attacked people verbally who liked to have a few.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
When looking for camp sites one criteria was the location of pubs or restaurants and if possible within walking distance too. What's wrong with that? If the said hospitality outlet was dog friendly all the better, but I guess there will be those who dislike the presence of dogs ....live and let live, life is too short for minor irrelevances.

Reactions: Buckman
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
BeePee, with the regard to The Woosie fest meet ups and the reason for, a pub to be near by, was so the Woosie crowd, to which you yourself have a Woosie name" Sir Sticky", can have a meal together and hand over the Kingship or Queen ship to the next person, preferably as we do not want to walk too far due to our aging. The meeting places take into consideration, local to the area, things like The Ribble Viaduct, In Chester the canal to river water lift, etc. The North Yorkshire Steam Railway,
School holidays, and bank holidays are catered for, so that Woosie and forum members can bring children and grandchildren with them. Also dogs have to be catered for. Ie a dog friendly restaurant or pub. In Chester, we arranged for a mini coach to take people to and from a pub, where at least there were 5 dogs, and two children.
The group of Woosies was started to be able to put names to faces in a friendly way.
EDIT. I am not sure which Woosie fest you attended to give such a bad experience, but the site is always agreed before hand, we now take into consideration the fact of fully serviced pitches, several of us have COPD, so the late night Hoolees have turned into The Jacobs table, where, a lot of caravanning issues are sorted out. at Ingleton, I ended out helping three others with their vans before I managed to get my own sorted out.
I am sorry you have had to resort to raising a thread, about some one, on the forum, thankfully it wasn't aimed at myself as in my last 50 post I only mentioned alcohol once, which to a reply to someone's picture of a green smoothy. Regarding green toilet chemicals.
My best regards
Hutch.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Beehpee I thought your post was an intruder,Troll or recently banned person stealing your ID. How wrong I was to have assumed it wasn’t you.
Frankly your comments are ill founded , libellous and down right insulting to the Woosies. Hutch has explained who we are and how we behave. We have lost three valuable decent members over the years. Some have had to give up caravanning due to age or illness .
Some now join us as widower/ widows. I wonder what has happened to make you so against us honest decent caravanners. Two of our members need disability buggies to get around . Hence why we need a pub close by as a meeting place

Last edited:
Reactions: Hutch and Buckman

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Maybe there's something in the air that's caused a few strange topics recently about rules or guidelines or bees in bonnets but since this thread started from a post on another controversial thread can I draw your attention to the following rule....

Do not harass, attack, or demean other forum users, including official staff. Disagreement is welcome, but different points of view can coexist without anyone resorting to personal attacks.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Maybe there's something in the air that's caused a few strange topics recently about rules or guidelines or bees in bonnets but since this thread started from a post on another controversial thread can I draw your attention to the following rule....

Do not harass, attack, or demean other forum users, including official staff. Disagreement is welcome, but different points of view can coexist without anyone resorting to personal attacks.
In this case a number of people on the forum were demeaned or basically insulated by a post complaining about alcohol consumption although the people being accused are responsible adults. I doubt if we have any alcoholics amongst us that cause disruption.

Reactions: Hutch
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
In this case a number of people on the forum were demeaned or basically insulated by a post complaining about alcohol consumption although the people being accused are responsible adults. I doubt if we have any alcoholics amongst us that cause disruption.

As you know Sam I honestly believed the demeaning post had been written by a recently banned person who may have stolen Beehpee’s identity. So we were wrong.
I have one favour to ask you and Parksy. Please will one of contact Beehpee and make sure he is ok . Imo his post was way out of order but I wonder if something terrible has happened in his life causing this “unusual “ behaviour. I’m man enough and a dog to take it on the chin but we should just double check.Thanks DD

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
As you know Sam I honestly believed the demeaning post had been written by a recently banned person who may have stolen Beehpee’s identity. So we were wrong.
I have one favour to ask you and Parksy. Please will one of contact Beehpee and make sure he is ok . Imo his post was way out of order but I wonder if something terrible has happened in his life causing this “unusual “ behaviour. I’m man enough and a dog to take it on the chin but we should just double check.
I don't think so I am in Comms with Chris 84 , and he is not like that.

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I've bitten my lip on this for years, but now being in my 50's my lip's starting to hurt so here we go.

I belong to several forums, cycling, classic cars and caravans being dominant and I can say without doubt that it's the caravan forums that attract topics where the poster rants/moans about folks doing something that they personally don't do/like. I'm not talking about vulgarities etc, just a complete lack of acceptance that we're all different. I have quite a stressful job, being away in the caravan removes that stress, I like good ale, wine and whiskey so being in the caravan, near a good pub is akin to the Pearly Gates for me!

Does it really necessitate a thread moaning about what others do? Really?? Life really is far too short to get hung up about what others do when it doesn't affect you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts