used caravans

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I am looking to buy my first caravan. I plan to spend approx £5-7,0000 on a used van. I understand all the advice ref checking the van is not stolen etc but can anyone give me advice on which manafacturer produces the best product(hope I dont start argument here). I am based in the Bristol area and have been told that Bailey caravans are of a good all round quality? I have no information ref Swift, Lunar, Abbey etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ian, there's no substitute really for going out and having a look at the makes/models available. I would recommend a trip down to Highbridge Caravans in Somerset - they have a huge number of used vans (and new of course) and I think you would be able to get a good idea of what suits you after a browse around. You can then scour the private ads or the dealerships for something that matches your needs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ian - you've got a pretty good budget, which should buy you a decent van - see this month's PC for example. If this is your first purchase, try to take an experienced vanning friend with you, & look around as many dealers as possible - there are plenty around Bristol - Chipping Sodbury, Weston S Mare, Highbridge, Taunton to name just 4! You could buy a little cheaper privately, but it's risky for your first van.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ian bailey are a very good make if you want a new one you are on a waiting list which tells you some thing .The worst thing you can buy is a leaking damp cara van any make begining with the letter L should be avoided . Look on the web site caravanning on line ,all the manufacturors have a forum where owners are critical and posotive ,its well worth a look before you buy ,good luck

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thanks to all for your replies ref buying my first van.

Can anyone give me their opinion on a Compass Encore 5B - 1999 model - looks really clean - no damp.

Has anyone experienced problems with this manafacturer / model?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts