Used Prices - Sterling Europa 450 c 1996

Mar 20, 2019
Visit site
We will soon be putting up for sale our Europa which we have had for 18 years and we were the second owner.

Is there anywhere to check used prices or anyone sold something of a similar age recently.

The van is a 4 berth and everything is working (as far as I know) and is dry.

We have just recently upgraded to a new 6 berth which is the reason for sale.

Thanks.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Is there a service history? When was it serviced last? Do you have a damp report?

Your asking price would have to be based on other similar aged vans that you can find for sale elsewhere, but is still then only worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

As a caravan engineer I offer the following advice: Be very careful in how you describe the van, state only what is known, not assumptions, about its condition, preferably backed up by a recent engineers report.
I have been to so many second hand vans that have been described in glowing adverts that all is well and everything works, only for the new owner, and me, to find that actually there is a lot wrong with not everything working and dry as described.

Mar 20, 2019
Visit site
Thanks you for the feedback very useful.

Yes the Caravan has been main dealer serviced every year. It was last serviced at the start of the season last year? Need to check about a damp report.

Any known issues we would obviously advising of in any advert.

Damian-Moderator said:
Is there a service history? When was it serviced last? Do you have a damp report?

Your asking price would have to be based on other similar aged vans that you can find for sale elsewhere, but is still then only worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

As a caravan engineer I offer the following advice: Be very careful in how you describe the van, state only what is known, not assumptions, about its condition, preferably backed up by a recent engineers report.
I have been to so many second hand vans that have been described in glowing adverts that all is well and everything works, only for the new owner, and me, to find that actually there is a lot wrong with not everything working and dry as described.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Have a look at Caravan finder, Autotrader, Gumtree and what have you, to see if you can find similar vans of a similar age. This will give you some ball park figures. For instance there is a 2001 520 4 berth Europa for £3980 on Caravanfinder.
Good luck
Mel

May 7, 2012
Visit site
There is no published guide covering caravans of that age so condition is everything. I agree with Mel, look through the various sites selling used caravans and see what you can find that is of a similar age to get an idea of what to look for as a price.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Here’s and example of one for sale a few months ago.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/caravans/sterling-europa-1996-caravan-4-berth/1337497094

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts