Useful Phone App

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Some of you may have it already but I only got it today and really useful.

Its called AroundMe

Find petrol station's, pubs, supermarket's etc etc, if you click on the blue arrow on the right it will take you to google maps and act as a sat nav.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
It is very helpful and it's always great when people share tips and ideas like that. You may all also be interested to know that in the July 2016 issue of Practical Caravan (on sale 19 May) we're testing sat-nav apps.

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
We sometimes use the maps app that came with our phones though it does have a sense of humour.
The first time we went to Brooklands I had it running, just in case.
When we got to Guildford it was telling us to come off of the A3 and so we did, plunging into the rush hour traffic.
Thinking that this was a way that I hadn't noticed when looked at the map before we left we, with glacial speed,tootled our way through Guildford only to reemerge onto the A3 and carry on towards Wisley!
Bah!!

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
BedfordRL said:
We sometimes use the maps app that came with our phones though it does have a sense of humour.
The first time we went to Brooklands I had it running, just in case.
When we got to Guildford it was telling us to come off of the A3 and so we did, plunging into the rush hour traffic.
Thinking that this was a way that I hadn't noticed when looked at the map before we left we, with glacial speed,tootled our way through Guildford only to reemerge onto the A3 and carry on towards Wisley!
Bah!!

I use this app on my phone when the sat nav is at home...

TRENDING THREADS