Using two part epoxy paints

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I am considering renewing the paint on the front panel of my caravan using two part epoxy paint. Has anyone experience of using this paint and any tips they could give me.

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I have used them in the past on my boat, and quite frankly find I get better, and longer lasting, results using conventional paints.
Mixing proportions are very critical which can be difficult if not using a complete can. Application and curing conditions are also critical (both temperature and humidity).

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Brian,
Make and model and material type of your front panel will help please.
Were you going to spray it yourself?
A good motorcycle body repair shop may be worth a punt

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
The van is a stealth Concordia (not many around). I have been declined by two local repair shops who find the job outside their capabilities, but I I am not afraid to try the job myself. The front panel is grp with a well worn gel coat which I have flatted out, but I am worried about the time factor before the primer starts to go off. Thanks for your input.
Brian.108

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
Anyone ever tried to use car wrap vinyl? Could have a fancy carbon look front end. When it gets damaged again, peel it off and go again. You can get it in pretty big sheets to do the sides of vans and lorries so should be able to get some big enough to do front panels of a caravan. Have any sort of design you fancy. Starsky and Hutch red and white??

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Mark31415 said:
Anyone ever tried to use car wrap vinyl? Could have a fancy carbon look front end. When it gets damaged again, peel it off and go again. You can get it in pretty big sheets to do the sides of vans and lorries so should be able to get some big enough to do front panels of a caravan. Have any sort of design you fancy. Starsky and Hutch red and white??

Red & white ?!?! You may be taken for Sunderland supporters perish the thought :p

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts