Visit site
Cirencester Tesco and Lidl jam packed.
Virtually panic buying for one / two days :woohoo:
All I needed was a bottle and some fruit :p
Good luck with your shopping :cheer:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I did my last minute present buying this morning, the Merry Hill Shopping Centre was fairly busy with good natured shoppers, but the traffic going home wasn't too bad at all.
Our local supermarkets are 24 hour superstores so I'll be there buying our fresh vegetables at around 7 am on Christmas eve

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Gotta love it! Absolute melee in Morrissons this morning, good natured banter in the checkout queues though. Got the sprouts.
Have a good ‘un.
Mel

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Like your parksy I was in Sunderland city centre this morning before 9 a.m. and got the last of my bits and bobs done .

I'm working till 7 on Christmas Eve also this Saturday and Sunday and the amount of people that ask you where you've been when your a few minutes late at the bus stop even though they are of oblivious to the amount of traffic & that it's only a few days before Christmas !

Wait till Sunderland play at home on Boxing Day , an estimated 4o,ooo + estimated and it's a Sunday service on the buses ! :p :eek:hmy:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Like your parksy I was in Sunderland city centre this morning before 9 a.m. and got the last of my bits and bobs done .

I'm working till 7 on Christmas Eve also this Saturday and Sunday and the amount of people that ask you where you've been when your a few minutes late at the bus stop even though they are of oblivious to the amount of traffic & that it's only a few days before Christmas !

Wait till Sunderland play at home on Boxing Day , an estimated 4o,ooo + estimated and it's a Sunday service on the buses ! :p :eek:hmy:

Craig make them walk, burn off the Xmas day dinner. :p

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:

I normally stop in Cirencester Tesco for a leg stretch as its about 2 hours drive from north Leicester. But this afternoon i decided to give it a miss and stop in a lay-by on the A429 just south of Northleach. Far less crowded than Tesco, but less salubrious too. Roof bars go on tomorrow and battery and gas bottle to be installed too, getting quite excited at our first trip out for months.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
otherclive said:
Dustydog said:

I normally stop in Cirencester Tesco for a leg stretch as its about 2 hours drive from north Leicester. But this afternoon i decided to give it a miss and stop in a lay-by on the A429 just south of Northleach. Far less crowded than Tesco, but less salubrious too. Roof bars go on tomorrow and battery and gas bottle to be installed too, getting quite excited at our first trip out for months.

OC am I correct, Is this the first run out with the new Axle, Anyway have a good trip.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
otherclive said:
Dustydog said:

OC am I correct, Is this the first run out with the new Axle, Anyway have a good trip.

Hutch, yes apart from it’s return from installation trip this will be our first trip out. 2018 hasn’t been good apart from a trip to Shropshire in early Spring all subsequent holidays had to be cancelled as my father took ill and I had to sort a lot out. Even a snatched 4 night break in the Beacons lasted until supper time on night 1 before the phone rang, and we started packing up. So fingers crossed Dad stays steady as he goes.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes , lets hope next year is a lot better than last year, and we all manage to get out more in good weather.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts