Uttoxeter Racecourse Camp site closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2022
Visit site
Anyone else had a booking cancelled because of operational issues? Pretty irritating as we have tickets for the races on the date we were staying with the evening entertainment. The whole point of the trip was the convenient stayover!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I don’t think people realise how many seasonal staff the hospitality sector need during the season. On news reports there are hotels cutting back on room bookings due to lack of staff, or eateries not opening for a few days per week again even if there is demand they can’t fulfil it due to staff shortages.
It seems to be an endemic problem across many business sectors, but that’s not any comfort to you I’m afraid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I don’t think people realise how many seasonal staff the hospitality sector need during the season. On news reports there are hotels cutting back on room bookings due to lack of staff, or eateries not opening for a few days per week again even if there is demand they can’t fulfil it due to staff shortages.
It seems to be an endemic problem across many business sectors, but that’s not any comfort to you I’m afraid.
The UK has a major problem, self-imposed - there are major labour shortages, both skilled and unskilled, across many sectors but we have built obstacles to many foreign nationals who might wish to work here while allowing large numbers of economic migrants who are unsuitable for filling the many vacancies.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The UK has a major problem, self-imposed - there are major labour shortages, both skilled and unskilled, across many sectors but we have built obstacles to many foreign nationals who might wish to work here while allowing large numbers of economic migrants who are unsuitable for filling the many vacancies.
And there we'll leave this discussion which is straying into potentially contentious territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts