Val d'Authie in Picardy

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Lot's of reviews here - and directions from Calais (where I presume you're arriving in France) here. If the second link doesn't work then use viamichelin.co.uk and Input Calais Car Ferry Terminal to Camping Val d'Authie, Villers sur Authie and it will show you the route you need.

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Dave I have since read some good reviews of this site and it sounds ideal for us the only problem I have is finding a good route that does not involve going down narrow country lanes which do not look big enough for a car and caravan, or is it that Google Earth dosn't show them as they really are......

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
I have not stayed there but have been a regular visitor to Ferme des Aulne near by, which I can recommend. We usually try to stay there the night before catching a ferry from Calais or Dunkirk, or the tunnel.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Breda - it's a caravan site - everyone else gets there with their car and caravan. You should have absolutely no problems at all. The site is well signposted, you can use the autoroute A16 for much of the way, and then you take junction 3, and take the D303 (signposted probably to Campagne des Hesdin), then you get to the junction withh the N901 and turn left to take the N901 towards Abbeville. Continue down there just a few kilometres until you see a sign for Vron on your left, but turn right to head in the other direction towards Villers sur Authie. The site is well signposted, and you'll have absolutely no problems.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
sorry Breda didnt see follow up posts we did go cross country once in the evening but even that was no real problem.We go to J24 on A16 and follow signs it is a toll motorway and about 6 euros with a van iirc
We are going tomorrow and if I can get wifi I'll note the route and cost for you.Of course you may have been/changed your mind by now
Have you got Camping Cheques,site is in the book and directions are there.They are usually better to follow than satnav.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Sorry, I don't know what I was doing in my post - I meant Junction 25! The rest of the route I posted seems OK though. Thanks Delidave for that correction.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Easily done Val
we went to J 24 was 8.60 euros .There are two ways then
a) go to island first right into Vron take left as signposted to Val d'Authie it is a road through fields but easily manageable
b) go straight over island head for Rue good roads a couple of islands then across the staggered crossroads towards Villers sur Authie take sharp right into site when you are in village
all signposted and good roads though longer
Hope this helps
PS phone or book they were very busy this week

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts