Van Leveller

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had a van leveller once but the distortion of the tyre was not a pretty site so I got rid of it.

I find it much easier to drive up the Fiamma type wedges and they weigh a lot less for transpotation.

You had to apply a lot of force to raise the van on the one I had.

Towsure probably have them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Davy

I used to have a Bulldog leveler as is listed on E-bay, but like John G used to find the tyre distortion quite worrying. It also weighed a ton. Mine got sold on e-bay in the end.

I currently have a 'Rise & Clamp'. This acts as a wheel clamp and also lifts the wheel. It lifts the wheel horizontally, so doesn't distort the tyre like the Bulldog one does which rises at an ever increasing angle. Due to weight however I only now use it as a wheel clamp at home, and just use a Fiamma ramp in conjunction with our PowrTouch mover when on site.

Can't find a picture of the now discontinued Dixon Bate leveler, so I don't know if either are of a similar design or not.

You can see the 'Rise & Clamp' on the following Towsure page:

http://www.towsure.com/default.asp?t=148&p=0&d=36

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dusty

Do you find it OK and do you know where you can buy them

D
David

I bought mine secondhand some years ago and I have not seen them around for awhile. The levellers do not appear on the Dixon-Bate website but you could email them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
David

I bought mine secondhand some years ago and I have not seen them around for awhile. The levellers do not appear on the Dixon-Bate website but you could email them.
And yes I do find it OK provided I get the caravan wheel in the dead centre before raising it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts