Van with solid bedroom door (snoring partner!)

Jul 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi - we are looking for a van with 2 separate sleeping areas with a solid door between them as my partner snores!!! Definitely need a solid wood door, not a concertina or curtain.

Ideally a rear bedroom with fixed bed (bunks, single or doubles), central washroom, and front lounge - if possible with single sofa long enough to sleep on.

Any advice on which vans have this layout? I’ve heard of some with a bedroom door plus the bathroom door that can be opened to close off the central isle.

many thanks 😊

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Several models have doors rather than blinds but they will always be lightweight and are unlikely to make a lot of difference, although I have no practical experience..
A central bathroom across the width with two doors should be the best bet, but noise reduction inside a caravan is not a priority when designing them. Any with a central bathroom will have proper doors, but as far as I know all have a fixed bed behind it and none I know have have bunks.
You will find the layout in all makes ranges but this is a fairly new layout so will not appear in older caravans if you are looking at second hand models.

Last edited:
Reactions: ProfJohnL

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
How about a bathroom across the middle. That way you get 2 solid doors and a space between them. Bailey Messina is an example. There are others with this layout. Have a look on Caravanfinder and you can search by layout.
Mel
Edit: sorry Raywood, that’s what you just said. Didn’t read the thread. Naughty 😁

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi - we are looking for a van with 2 separate sleeping areas with a solid door between them as my partner snores!!! Definitely need a solid wood door, not a concertina or curtain.

Ideally a rear bedroom with fixed bed (bunks, single or doubles), central washroom, and front lounge - if possible with single sofa long enough to sleep on.

Any advice on which vans have this layout? I’ve heard of some with a bedroom door plus the bathroom door that can be opened to close off the central isle.

many thanks 😊
What about Elddis crusader Zephyr or similar , central wash room, solid door between kitchen and wash area and sliding door between wash room and rear bedroom. We have a Buccaneer Commodore Been away for the first time this weekend and my Daughter commented that she could not hear me snore with both doos shut. Front bench seats also long enough to use as singles.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Our twelve year old four berth Hymer Nova S 546 is as you specified. Rear French double, front lounge come double bed and a wooden transverse bulkhead including two piece sliding doors.
But I know you are deluding yourself in believing there will be much attenutation of the noise one end to the other, you can't get away from both being in the same pretty small "box".

By far the more effective solution would be for one or other of you to sleep out in an awning annex. I did this initially in the early 2000s when we took a grandchild, I slept out in an annex of our Magnum, that was untill I got booted out of it when he wanted "his space".

To be honest, sleeping out there I have never had better nights sleep that I did doing that.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020
Visit site
Hi - many thanks all for your suggestions and advice, really useful. I’ll look these up.

Other practical requirements are:

- budget £10-£15k

- used or new

- bed lengths: 1 long (partner is 6’2”) and 1 short (I’m only 5’!)

- max tow weight 1500kg (we have a RAV4 hybrid tow car)

- max length 7.5m (inc A frame)

- good build quality - based on reviews, makes such as Adria, Knaus, Weinsberg score highly for both new and used vans. Are there other options that are similar?

Any further advice / suggestions much appreciated!

PS - unfortunately snoring partner can’t be traded in for a caravan :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hymer have a good reputation as do Hobby. If you search hard you can find a Knaus within your MTPLM of 1500 kg that may only have a MIRO of 1200 kg and the load upgrade to 300 kg payload gives far more flexibility. Many UK vans especially higher spec have payloads around 120 kg which gets used up very quickly with battery, mover, second gas bottle etc.just for starters.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Our Hymer Nova S 546 at 1900 kgs MTPLM , falls considerably outside your 1500 kg limit, but solid it is as is its very good payload allowance and it features long beds.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Mel, You are forgiven. I have done the same thing myself as you do tend to skim through the posts sometimes. At least I know I am in good company giving that advice.

Reactions: Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts