VANGO AIR AWNING ISSUES

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
It’s no secret my Kampa Rallye Air resides in our loft unsused now for seven years . Five tube failures . In fairness to Kampa they replaced ALL tubes foc next day delivery. We only used the genuine Kampa electric pump which cuts out automatically at 11psi.
The inner tube bladder sits within another tube which in turn sits within the outer awning tube / body.
I experimented with the positioning of all three tubes and carefully checked for any sharps that may have been the cause.
Bar one , all the bursts were catastrophic in nature causing lengthy rips , beyond a puncture repair kit.
Over inflation or may be structural overload imo was the cause.
Glad to say the Isabella Magnum with Carbon X poles has withstood some horrendous gales and is still going strong.

Apr 20, 2023
Visit site
I have always been very careful in regards to the pressure within my Sunncamp air awning. The instructions say a maximum of 7psi, but I only inflated it to that once and that was the very first time it was used, to test it would stand that pressure. It did.

If you inflate to the maximum stated pressure early to mid morning, and it's a sunny day, the solar gain (heat provided by the sun falling on dark awning material) WILL increase that pressure a fair bit. So I never inflate mine above around 5.5 -5.75 psi and, if its a hot sunny day I check the pressure mid afternoon. Like car tyres the pressure can rise a fair percentage when exposed to powerfull sunlight, and you need to be aware of that fact when inflating your awning, yet the manufacturers don't seem to put any warnings in their instructions, and neither do they fit a pressure relief valve which would prevent over pressure !

My awning has about 9 or 10 interconnected bladders. I always leave the valves between them all open. My theory being that any pressure increase in one will be distributed between all of the bladders, thus minimising the risk of one being subjected to a fatal rise.

5 - 5.75 psi is ample to maintain my awnings rigidity. My Sunncamp air is now 5 years old, has had extensive use in some pretty hot locations (summer in Spain) and has not suffered a single bladder failure, so am I do something right, or just lucky?

So in answer to the OP's question, no I have never experienced an air awning bladder failure. But mine is a Sunncamp awning not a Vango.
Good advice - Thank you.

Apr 20, 2023
Visit site
In Cornwall last year our neighbour was taking his Vango down after being up less than 48 hours as one of his bladders failed. On speaking to him this was his last straw after previous failures.

His first move when he got home was to speak to the dealer he bought it from regarding pursuing a full refund under the terms of the CRA.

I obviously don't know how he got on but he was not a happy bunny.
There almost definitely appear to be an issue with Vango awnings air-tubes (bladders), either with the material or manufacturing process and considering the cost of these awnings Vango (and others) should be carefully reviewing their products. I for one, will not purchase any further products from Vango.

Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
Our Kalari 380 has had 2 main beams replaced. the 1st one popped on what was it's 3rd or 4th inflation but was out of warranty. all i got was an apology from Vango & a 25% voucher off Vango spares. The 2nd one popped 1st day in the New Forest, luckily a company called Tent Spares came to the rescue & got me a new one delivered next day.
The Vango pump shows pressure when you've stopped pumping & I NEVER go above 5psi, however I've no idea how accurate the gauge is but at 5psi I can't see it being far out.
Both had split on a seam & they're basically unfixable.

Apr 20, 2023
Visit site
To date, Vango have not had the decency to reply to me other than automated reply. As far as I am concerned, Vango have certainly lost my custom and I hope many others have read these threads and take notice by avoiding the purchase of Vango products

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
We have the Vango Varkala connect with the sun canopy extension so 8 individual tubes (counting cross braces) all inflated to 7 psi.
had it 6 years without a moments trouble

Jul 28, 2024
Visit site
Vango Baletto Air 330 Elements Shield Awning popping bladders ! Only a year old, been put up 4 or 5 times for no more than 5 days at a time and have just experienced every bladder popping in a matter of 4 days ! The main middle has popped once, main left popped twice and main right we have given up on as despite attempting circa 8 repairs it just keeps deflating! So holiday ruined ! Looks like Vango have a massive issue with these awnings having just done an Internet search ! Warranty claim will be winging it's way to Vango tomorrow ! Won't be buying another air awning !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts