Vango awning pump

Mar 6, 2022
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I have a kampa 390 air awning. Been out last weekend and found I have a leak in one of the air beams. Decided to take it home ( van in storage) to repair and clean, I also have a Vango air beam pump that's fitted with 12v-13 amp clipsal plug with cigarette socket.
As I can't park my car near where I want to set awning I was wondering if any knows of a 240v inverter that can be fitted, only seem to find 5amp ones
TIA any information welcome
Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't understand why you think you want an inverter?

Inverters are designed to take 12Vdc and convert it to 230V ac50Hz so you can run small mains appliances when you only have 12V dc available.

You should be able to run the air pump from the 12V dc system in the caravan. You might have to fit an appropriate socket 12V in the caravan.

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I have a kampa 390 air awning. Been out last weekend and found I have a leak in one of the air beams. Decided to take it home ( van in storage) to repair and clean, I also have a Vango air beam pump that's fitted with 12v-13 amp clipsal plug with cigarette socket.
As I can't park my car near where I want to set awning I was wondering if any knows of a 240v inverter that can be fitted, only seem to find 5amp ones
TIA any information welcome
Thanks
You don't need an inverter, you need a 12v DC power supply. The pump should be marked with its power requirements, it may need a 13 amp supply but I doubt it.
The easiest / cheapest way would be to remove the battery from your caravan or car and power it using one of these.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I have a mains transformer to run a cool box - do you have anything of this nature to see if it meets the need? In my case designed to run from cigarette socket in the car or plugs directly to the transformer instead.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The air pump runs off 12v so as mentioned no need for an inverter. We used a socket in the caravan for our Gale air pump, but the socket was rated for 20amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts