Vanmaster caravans

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi all,

Anyone got a vanmaster? are they as good as the price tag would suggest? are their prices cast in stone or are there any discounts available!

We are looking for a top end caravan, purely for build quality and peace of mind, after reading some of the horror stories from the big main stream producers!

Any comments or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Andrew

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi Andrew

I took the very first Vanmaster out on test for Caravan Life magazine back in September 1995, I became very friendly with the team who produced them and they had some top quality craftsmen. Built virtually as to how you want them is the other big advanatge also that Vanmaster badge. Not the same owners anymore but quality and spec are still superb. The first Vanmaster was excellent and I gave it a glowing report. There is a 2007 Ovation for just over £12,900 - its in nice condition too-great end washroom with acres of storage. Great vans but used prices settle quick - very personal service and tons of items to choose from to have in your Vanmaster-check them out
Jenko

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
'Top end' is aa great idea but remember most of the kit - fridge, heater, toilet, cooker, etc. etc. is the same as on virtually any other van, and these items can be the cause of many niggles. Also the bits you can't see - wiring aand piping particularly - depend on who installed them and whether there was any subsequent check or inspection.
If you can visit the 'works' and see 'vans while under construction, this may be reassuring (or not).

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
We are in the process of buying an Occassion 640 which is due on 24th August. The order time is around 6 months and you will be asked to visit the factory to decide on your options and see the vans put together. I have to say I was impressed when I visited the other week. Forget about mass production. Each van is hand made with only 4 vans in the production line at any one time. They also manufacture all their own furniture in house from ash faced ply. Everything is very solid as far as I can see. Hopefully the end product will be everything we hope. As far as price is concerned there is no negotiation, however, when you see the amount of work and construction that goes into each van you can see where the money goes. I dare say you could visit the factory before ordering so as to check it out yourself. Hope this helps
Paul

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I own a '93 Vanroyce...the previous name of the Vanmaster company...to say it is still in superb condition is an understatement. I truly believe that the quality that has gone into the build will make this van far outlast some of the new types on the market. Your purchase ,although initially expensive will last you for many ,many years to come and you will be the focus of envious gazes on a site

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi Andrew

Tony here from Australia, i have just exported out to Australia a 1999 Vanmaster Fanfare EK 2 Berth and i can assure you that the build quality and fittings are fantastic even up to the ceiling which has carpet on it for insulation down to the engraved Vanmaster set of spirit and wine glasses in the cocktail cabinet.
Have sold the van onto new owners funnily enough originaly from Manchester and they are over the moon with it as it knocks sparks off anything the Aussies build.
If you have the dosh and you want a van thats gonna last you a significant amount of time then i would say go for it.

Tony

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts