Vauxhall Frontera on LPG

Apr 12, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone towed with the 2.2 or 3.2 v6 on lpg and are they any good. Also were they able to have any of the gas tanks underneath like they do on the discos as their doesn't seem much space in the boot for a torpedo tank.

Many Thanks

Paul

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
paul

I see one with a tank under it. It seem to be of the ground a bit more than use and see one with one in the boot.

Talking to someone they sad the 3Liter disse is better for towing has the engine is the same as in a isuzu trooper.

Don't now if this will help but Vauxhall all so made a 4x4 like the isuzu trooper.

If you would like to see one just cut and past this

http://www.whitepost.co.uk/GetDealer.do?did=9707&pageid=1
Look under the Vauxhall bit and go to the Vauxhall Monterey 3.1.

Mark

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I see one with a tank under it. It seem to be of the ground a bit more than use and see one with one in the boot.

Talking to someone they sad the 3Liter disse is better for towing has the engine is the same as in a isuzu trooper.

Don't now if this will help but Vauxhall all so made a 4x4 like the isuzu trooper.

If you would like to see one just cut and past this

http://www.whitepost.co.uk/GetDealer.do?did=9707&pageid=1
Look under the Vauxhall bit and go to the Vauxhall Monterey 3.1.

Mark

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Paul.

As a "converted " LPG user both for towing and regular use I would say that as a towcar the Fronterra would be no different in power or drivabilty than the petrol version.

I have had a quick look on the net at LPG equipment suppliers and there is 60 litre under floor tank quoted for the Fronterra LWB so it is possible. However if you don't need all the boot space I would recomend a 100 litre inside tank. 60 Litres is only going to give you a range of 200 miles max.

Use an LPGA approved installer if you are contemplating conversion and go for a state of the art sequential injection system, expect to pay about 25% more for an underfloor set up; you should get your money back on the cost of conversion in about 18 months if you do 15 - 20k miles a year and of course cash flow is drastically improved - fill the tank for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts