Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 cdti Elite Hatchback Automatic.

Feb 12, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone towed with the above vehicle.I am going to be towing a lunar quaser 525.Is this a good match? what are your experience of towing with an an auto box?Also what disel consumption should I be looking at?I have a very light right foot now I have retired I trundle along at 55 mph and yes I do pull over to let faster traffic pass.Thanks in advance to anyone who ansers my enquires.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Hi Gilbert,

I tow with an auto box (DSG on a VW Passat). No problem at all - very smooth and takes a lot of the strain out of towing.

I assume your Vectra is an automatic? Assuming you are within the weight limits, you should not have a problem. Saying that, the diesel Vectra with an auto box got a disappointing review (solo car) in the latest edition of What Car magazine.

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Gilbert,

Weight and power wise you have a very well matched outfit. The auto box should give you very relaxed towing, I love mine. Older automatic Vauxhalls sometimes suffered from gearbox overheating and needed an additinal oilcooler, although yours is a modern car it might be worth checking with a main dealer to make sure the additional oil cooler is not now required. As to fuel consumption I loose about 25%m towing, so on that basis you might expect about 42mpg.

Enjoy your caravanning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts