Vauxhall Vectra 2.0 TDi with Swift Lifestyle 490 2001 model

Sep 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi all, new to this caravanning, but have a concern the caravan we have just placed a deposit on is now too heavy - sales person assures us it is fine, but i don't think it is less than the 85% recommedations.

Help / clarification would be great.

Thanks all.

Matthew

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Just saw that although the model doesn't show up in the heading here, when one returns to the list of topics it does say Swift Lifestyle 490. According to my information, that weighs 1300kg max. in which case you would be over the 85% but still within Vauxhall's spec for max. towload. You don't say whether the Vectra is the current shape or the previous model so it isn't possible to give a more detailed answer.

Sep 2, 2006
Visit site
Lutz,

Good morning - many thanks for looking at this post.

My car is the 04 model - just replaced by the 1.9tdi version.

Our sales person said this van - SWIFT Lifestyle 490 5 Berth is MTPLM of 1485Kg, and the spec from cuddles website for my car is MAX tow load of 1500Kg.

We have only found this out, but when the sales person said they checked TOWSAFE it read 84 or 85% however we never asked for a copy of this data output.

I am waiting until 11am when the sales room opens to get all the spec from them, and will also retrieve my data for the car from the manuals etc..

In meantime if any one in the know can help - advise - then i will be most grateful.

Regards,

Matthew

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
According to my data, the kerbweight of the current shape Vectra saloon with the 2.0DTI engine is somewhere around 1470 to 1490kg. So, if the caravan weighs 1485kg max. you will be at 100% - not the best of matches to start a caravanning career with but at least it is still legal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts