vauxhall zafira kerbweight pse

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,
Kerbweights are often difficult to establish, because it will vary according to what optional extras have been included in the vehicle. There are sites that can give 'kerbweights' but you must know exactly what year, make model body style and trim level. Don't rely on close matches, they can can be several tens of Kg different. And I must warn you that many of these sites data bases do contain errors, so do not rely on them being accurate.

Your best bet will be to check your V5 document for the "Unladen Mass" which is as close as you cane sometimes get to an official Kerbweight - unless you actually prepare the vehicle and have it weighed.

Diesel engines are often preferred by caravanner's for two main reasons, firstly as they offer better pulling power compared to the equivalent petrol engines, and secondly they usually offer at least 25% more mpg, But most modern diesel cars seem to use Dual Mass Flywheels, which some people find troublesome when reversing trailers. It is worth considering a auto box if they do one.

With to-days crowded and highly restricted road conditions, the extra performance (Speed and acceleration) of petrol cars can barely be used so diesels are a real alternative. Modern diesels are far more refined and responsive compared to the units traditionally fitted in Taxi's and old vans.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Mikey,

The Zaffira has had mixed towing weight history, The MK1 had very diverse towing limits that were very model/variant specific, and models you might expect to have a good towing capacity were very much lower than expected, - apparently it was not the engine power that was lacking but the engine cooling system that was the limiting factor.
The towing issue was much improved in the Mk 2 models, but it is still very important to check the towing capacity of the exact model you have or are considering with the manufacturers details. - but then that's just good sense and what you should do for all cars and manufactures.

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Can only agree with Prof John above - be very careful checking the towing limits on your specific model. My daily commute car is a 57 Zafira 1.6 life - max towing capacity 995Kg.......when we bought the caravan the dealer did a check on both of our vehicles & he couldn't believe that the Zafira was so low.
Jim

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
You need the year and trim level for a answer. The mk1 Zafria had very low max tow limits.
The mk2 is better, I have owned and towed with 2 but both have been with Diesel.
2005 MK2 Design 1.9cdti 120 Max tow 1300Kg
Current car 2008 Design 1.9cdti 150 Max tow 1500kg both manual.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
The Mark I 2.2 litre petrol had a maximum permissible towload of 1400kg and the Mark II 2.2. litre petrol is rated at 1500kg.
The kerbweight can be anything between 1503 and 1735kg, depending on the level of equipment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts