Vendee

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I have not stayed at this site myself but earlier this year we were stopping at La Yole in the Vendee and got talking to a family who had just been to Les Brunelles and would thoroughly recommend the site particularly for families with younger children.

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
Hi Lesley,

We're going to La Yole on Saturday and staying for two weeks. What did you think of the site? Do you have any tips for us?

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi Lesley,

We're going to La Yole on Saturday and staying for two weeks. What did you think of the site? Do you have any tips for us?
We went to La Yole at Whitsun which is still low season and the site was only one third full which can make a great difference to the enjoyment of the site. Saying that, on many occasions we were the only family in the pool even on the very warm days.

The restaurant and bar are good and clean - we had a few drinks in there and ate at the restaurant on our last night. Boeuf Bourgignon was very nice and was on 'special' at 10 euros including a glass of merlot. Children did not fancy the standard children's menu and I asked for an adult's potion of spag bol divided into two - no problem. Take away was good for chips to have with whatever you cook in caravan or pizza. Very good shop but of course the Supermarkets are cheaper. If you are entering via Challons you will pass the Super U and Intermarche on the way in which are located next to each other. As for pitches - as you enter the site we preferred the pitches on the right hand side - one stage back from the play area. Although we have children if would be a bit to close for comfort to be right next to play area especially in August. On the left hand side as you come in are perhaps smaller pitches but very shaded and grass was worn. There have been some new pitches installed at the far end of the site which used to be the foorball field but I think they need a few more years to get settled. The beach just down the road at Les Mouetts is nice but covered with flies and seaweed when we were there as there had been a few rain storms. We preferred the beach at St Jean de Monts - very spacious and empty although may be a bit busy in August. Free parking at St Jean de Monts. There are a few other sites in the vicity but more in the nature of the "Yelloh Village" type - I preferred La Yole.

Hope you have a good time - if you need any more info before Saturday please ask.

We are off on 21st August down to the Loire - can't wait.

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
We went to La Yole at Whitsun which is still low season and the site was only one third full which can make a great difference to the enjoyment of the site. Saying that, on many occasions we were the only family in the pool even on the very warm days.

The restaurant and bar are good and clean - we had a few drinks in there and ate at the restaurant on our last night. Boeuf Bourgignon was very nice and was on 'special' at 10 euros including a glass of merlot. Children did not fancy the standard children's menu and I asked for an adult's potion of spag bol divided into two - no problem. Take away was good for chips to have with whatever you cook in caravan or pizza. Very good shop but of course the Supermarkets are cheaper. If you are entering via Challons you will pass the Super U and Intermarche on the way in which are located next to each other. As for pitches - as you enter the site we preferred the pitches on the right hand side - one stage back from the play area. Although we have children if would be a bit to close for comfort to be right next to play area especially in August. On the left hand side as you come in are perhaps smaller pitches but very shaded and grass was worn. There have been some new pitches installed at the far end of the site which used to be the foorball field but I think they need a few more years to get settled. The beach just down the road at Les Mouetts is nice but covered with flies and seaweed when we were there as there had been a few rain storms. We preferred the beach at St Jean de Monts - very spacious and empty although may be a bit busy in August. Free parking at St Jean de Monts. There are a few other sites in the vicity but more in the nature of the "Yelloh Village" type - I preferred La Yole.

Hope you have a good time - if you need any more info before Saturday please ask.

We are off on 21st August down to the Loire - can't wait.
Hi Lesley,

Thanks for the response. It's very kind of you to provide so much feedback. We're due to arrive at La Yole on Saturday and from the other posts on this site, we should be in for some good weather. We're counting down the 'big-sleeps' until we go!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts