Ventilation

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
What does the cover manufacturer say?

I suspect your insurers may take dim view of leaving windows open.
Prof.
I think he meant night vent mode?
No more vulnerable than fully closed mode??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dustydog said:
ProfJohnL said:
What does the cover manufacturer say?

I suspect your insurers may take dim view of leaving windows open.
Prof.
I think he meant night vent mode?
No more vulnerable than fully closed mode??

Even on night vent mode the catch mechanism is potentially exposed and may be more readily forced with the right tool, which a dedicated caravan thief would probably have.

Check with your insurers.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If the window is under the cover I cannot see opening it will make any difference so would not bother. If the cover is of breathable material then I would think the caravans own ventilation should be sufficient.
I would also agree with the Prof that it could invalidate your insurance.

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
I agree with Raywood , there's enough ventilation though the gas drop outs and I doubt the widows be left ajar would make any difference to the level of damp in a caravan.
Maybe some of those water trap thingy's would help a bit. But I think they try to remove the water content out of the whole atmosphere not just the caravan.
I just take the soft furnishing out of our 'van and store them in the house over winter. That not only protects them it allows the air to circulate around the interior and help eliminate areas that could hold water against the wallboards.
Anyway a good few 'vans are ventilated by the howling gale around the fridge housing!

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
GD485 said:
I just take the soft furnishing out of our 'van and store them in the house over winter. That not only protects them it allows the air to circulate around the interior and help eliminate areas that could hold water against the wallboards.

That's a good idea, I might do that. ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts