venting fury

Nov 4, 2008
Visit site
Evenin all. When I bought my van from a dealer, I asked about tips for over wintering the van outside on my drive. The dealer said "Its not neccesary to open the windows or door on a fine sunny day because there are floor vents built into the van in 5 different locations Which allow total circulation".....Ive checked and hes right there are 5 vents.... My wife has taken his comments to heart and refuses to let me air the van on a sunny day without a fight. So,to stop a divorce and house sale n split, should I open all on a dry sunny winters day or take the wife out for a meal n say sorry ?....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Choice is yours, and whether you feel you can withstand the wrath of a woman scorned,

But seriously, the amount of ventilation in a caravan is calculated on the basis of the number of occupants it is designed to accommodate, and the number of open flamed appliances in the caravan, so it should be enough for over wintering, BUT, it is helpful to leave cupboards and locker open so air can freely circulate. It should not be necessary to open windows etc, unless there is some other problem of water ingress somewhere, and then it is more important to get it fixed to prevent permanent and expensive damage.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The simple answer -- as John has said airing should not be necessary, but it will not do any harm.

Why not open up the van on a sunny day and sit in it with your wife and a couple of glasses of wine and plan where you are going for your next outing!

Mar 4, 2006
Visit site
My caravan's stored at home, so I run an oscillating fan through a timer for a couple of hours a week, just to move the air about.

It also keeps the battery charged,(when it's fitted).

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
I would favour giving the 'van an airing with cupboard doors open when possible. Quite a lot of condensation can form on china, glasses and jars especially at this time of year with the wide range of ambient temperatures.

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Barkas,

In nearly 40 years of caravanning I have never opened windows etc to air the caravan on a sunny winters day. I have never had any damp problems. Even with the sun out on a winters day the air will contain damp.I do however on a sunny day sometimes lift a couple of blinds to allow gentle heat into the caravan.

So very sorry, stay married and take your wife out for a good meal.

Hamer

G

On to your real problem Barkas, dont say sorry, try saying NO to her once and a while....you'll find it works wonders and when she learns to stop stamping her foot then offer to take her out for a meal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts