Vermin eating external wiring

Mar 5, 2009
Visit site
My Alpine Sprite caravan is a year old and kept on a caravan site in an old railway cutting secure storage area when not in use in the summer and all winter from Nov until Mar. During it's first service by a reputable caravan dealer from where it was bought, it was discovered that "vermin" had eaten through some external wiring (which goes internally from the water heater on the offside, then runs out, externally underneath the caravan and re-enters the caravan half way along the nearside). The dealer says that the problem is very unusual and probably a "one off" but I'm keen to ensure that I don't have the same problem (and expense) again. Does anyone know of a non-toxic substance that can be painted on the external wiring or a way of enclosing the wires to make them "nibble proof"?

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Perhaps electricians plastic trunking, the type with the push on lid. Or the plastic cable covering, used to cover cables before plastering.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
It's a very common problem where I live. The culprits are martens and they take a particular liking to wiring harnesses and radiator hoses in the engine compartments of cars parked outside overnight. Accessory shops here sell gadgets which emit a high pitched squeal which isn't picked up by the human ear, but which is supposed to keep the little creatures away.

Oct 18, 2005
Visit site
It's a very common problem where I live. The culprits are martens and they take a particular liking to wiring harnesses and radiator hoses in the engine compartments of cars parked outside overnight. Accessory shops here sell gadgets which emit a high pitched squeal which isn't picked up by the human ear, but which is supposed to keep the little creatures away.
Hi

just had a thought and answer to your vermin problem

why not leave them some tasty bite,s i,e, cheese, biscuits, crumbs, and last but not least some cadbury,s dairy milk chocolate.

Just thought this would bring some humour to the site.

steven.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts