Oct 19, 2005
Visit site
i have currently got a mercedes v220 cdi.it has served us well for the last 7 years ,but with 250k on the clock its time to change.i have looked at all the different mpvs avaliable and can only find one to replace it with-mercedes viano- has anyone had any experience with towing with these.it has air suspensio-the same as the v220- now has 5 sp auto box and rear wheel drive.any info would be appreciate thanks

G

Gary if you look just below at my post "tow car report" that might just help.

But it refers to the new 3.0 CDI and was based on towing for about 120 miles.

Oct 19, 2005
Visit site
i have roadtested the 3.0cdi.absolutly awsome apart from the insurance quote was out of this worldso if i do buy one it will the 2.2 with a tunning box on it which will bring it to a 60 nm torque difference and no insurance penalty.

G

I've just learnt that my son inlaws is an extra long wheel base version.

I was just so impressed with the beast because of the size and performance towing the caravan. The car will have a remap next week and the car has a few extra tweaks than standard.

He was told that the 2.2 has already been tweaked up in power by Mercedes and to be wary of further upgrades but after trying a 2.2 he still thought it would cope with most vans.

Oct 19, 2005
Visit site
I've just learnt that my son inlaws is an extra long wheel base version.

I was just so impressed with the beast because of the size and performance towing the caravan. The car will have a remap next week and the car has a few extra tweaks than standard.

He was told that the 2.2 has already been tweaked up in power by Mercedes and to be wary of further upgrades but after trying a 2.2 he still thought it would cope with most vans.
the upgrade is from mercedes .with or without what a vehicle.i thought my v220 was perfict but this is even better all i have to do is swap the ceiling tv/dvd and it would brilliant

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts