Virtual Rally

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Who (alive or dead) would you most like to be pitched next to on a site and why? (obviously before they where dead or that would smell a bit !!) I'll Start !!

Ricky Martin coz he can shake that thang!!

David Attenbourgh to hear all about his travels!

And General Mugabe then I could kill the B*****D.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
ok try again!! people I wouldnt like to be next to !!

Clive AND Stinky Pete !!

Only because I think there would be fisticuffs and I'm not big enough to intervene!!

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bon Scott (sadly died on 1 February 1980) of course would love to be pitched next to him. Although it's not rock and roll to caravan.......

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Ih is right rock music an caravans don't sit right.I wouldn't dream of playing any of my CD's in my caravan. I've also found out that kids and rock music don't mix, many moons ago long journeys used to consist of thundering down the motorway at 80 MPH with Guns n Roses blasting out of the speakers, ( the most dangerous rock band in the world} now it's 60 MPH caravan in tow with the Tweenies playing.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Ih is right rock music an caravans don't sit right.I wouldn't dream of playing any of my CD's in my caravan. I've also found out that kids and rock music don't mix, many moons ago long journeys used to consist of thundering down the motorway at 80 MPH with Guns n Roses blasting out of the speakers, ( the most dangerous rock band in the world} now it's 60 MPH caravan in tow with the Tweenies playing.
Ha know what you mean Big Roy,my two little ones discovered Boney M (dont ask)and I either have to suffer that over and over or flippin shrek on the dvd !!!!!!what a choice !

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Big Roy

Dispute you there over Guns 'n' Roses, they were the second most dangerous rock band in the world, AC/DC were/are number one (Bon Scott is credited as being the worlds most celebrated front man.

Could you imagine pitching up next to someone on a camp site and then playing all the oldies, Saxon, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, UFO?......Gosh, never mind unruly kids!! I guess it would be a bit of a laugh though, just for a couple of hours.

Yep, we have to drive along (adhering to the speed limit, caravan in tow) with my daughter's rapping rubbish type thingy music

lh

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Big Roy

Dispute you there over Guns 'n' Roses, they were the second most dangerous rock band in the world, AC/DC were/are number one (Bon Scott is credited as being the worlds most celebrated front man.

Could you imagine pitching up next to someone on a camp site and then playing all the oldies, Saxon, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, UFO?......Gosh, never mind unruly kids!! I guess it would be a bit of a laugh though, just for a couple of hours.

Yep, we have to drive along (adhering to the speed limit, caravan in tow) with my daughter's rapping rubbish type thingy music

lh
Got to agree with you there, but they where never the same after Bon Scott died and I've never rated Brian Johnson as a singer. I wonder if David Coverdale has got a caravan?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roy

You're a man after my own heart. I saw ACDC with Bon in 1979 a couple of months before he died. I was deaf for hours afterwards. I've seen them over the years with Johnson I always thought he looked like Jack Duckworth out of Coronation Street. He's their type of vocalist and he certainly had a hard act to follow. No, I've never really rated him. I can't believe Angus is still alive though, all that head shaking etc..!!

I bet David Coverdale has a caravan - I always thought he wore wigs even in the eighties.

And look what we found out about the lead singer of Judas Priest. I think he'd definately have a caravan with a Harley parked next to it. I always had my suspicions about him if you get my drift.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roy

You're a man after my own heart. I saw ACDC with Bon in 1979 a couple of months before he died. I was deaf for hours afterwards. I've seen them over the years with Johnson I always thought he looked like Jack Duckworth out of Coronation Street. He's their type of vocalist and he certainly had a hard act to follow. No, I've never really rated him. I can't believe Angus is still alive though, all that head shaking etc..!!

I bet David Coverdale has a caravan - I always thought he wore wigs even in the eighties.

And look what we found out about the lead singer of Judas Priest. I think he'd definately have a caravan with a Harley parked next to it. I always had my suspicions about him if you get my drift.
hope to meet up with you on a site one day, we could talk for hours.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roy

That would be good!!

Oh, those were the days, did you do Reading and Donington when they had good bands on?

Lisa
Hi Lisa yes been to Donington a couple of times 1983 when Whitesnake headlined and I think it was 94 when Aerosmith headlined, and I saw Thin Lizzy at Reading brilliant. One of the best outdoor gigs I've seen was Def Leppard at the Don Valley stadium in Sheffield.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lisa yes been to Donington a couple of times 1983 when Whitesnake headlined and I think it was 94 when Aerosmith headlined, and I saw Thin Lizzy at Reading brilliant. One of the best outdoor gigs I've seen was Def Leppard at the Don Valley stadium in Sheffield.
Hi Roy

Did you know that Def Leppard supported ACDC on their fist major tour of England. As I said, I saw them at the Hammersmith in 79 (we met Def Leppard before they played as they were in the same pub as us (me drinking illegally at the time).

Saw ACDC the last time around 92 at Birmingham but wouldn't go there again, seated high up and couldn't see a dam thing!

I like Joe Elliott in the looks department but sorry I think the music is a bit wishy washy. But having said that in the early 80's they were one of the biggest bands in the states.

We're quite central where I live got quite a few places where they have had big bands but sadly, I'm too old now. Talk about the oldest (I was going to say swinger but that has double meaning these days) so I'll say talk about the oldest rock fan on the block.

I'm not allowed to play any of my cd's in the car if my daughter and her friends are in it

Lisa.

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roy

Did you know that Def Leppard supported ACDC on their fist major tour of England. As I said, I saw them at the Hammersmith in 79 (we met Def Leppard before they played as they were in the same pub as us (me drinking illegally at the time).

Saw ACDC the last time around 92 at Birmingham but wouldn't go there again, seated high up and couldn't see a dam thing!

I like Joe Elliott in the looks department but sorry I think the music is a bit wishy washy. But having said that in the early 80's they were one of the biggest bands in the states.

We're quite central where I live got quite a few places where they have had big bands but sadly, I'm too old now. Talk about the oldest (I was going to say swinger but that has double meaning these days) so I'll say talk about the oldest rock fan on the block.

I'm not allowed to play any of my cd's in the car if my daughter and her friends are in it

Lisa.
Lisa you're never to old, go for it. I still like to go and see a band when I can and I'm 46. I went to see Black Sabbath in I think it was about 1977 at the Southport theatre where I live and they where really bad, worst gig I've ever seen, before the gig me and my mate stayed in the bar drinking as we weren't bothered about seeing the support band

After the gig we where outside talking and everyone was saying how good the support band was, they where a band we had never heard of they where called Van Halen

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa you're never to old, go for it. I still like to go and see a band when I can and I'm 46. I went to see Black Sabbath in I think it was about 1977 at the Southport theatre where I live and they where really bad, worst gig I've ever seen, before the gig me and my mate stayed in the bar drinking as we weren't bothered about seeing the support band

After the gig we where outside talking and everyone was saying how good the support band was, they where a band we had never heard of they where called Van Halen
Hi Roy

Thanks for the advice!

Pity you missed Van Halen, what a bu***r. Saw them at Donington or Reading with Le Roth, excellent.

I saw Black Sabbath around 92 in Leicester. They were quite good, no Ozzy though but Cozy Powell on drums. Whilst we were in the bar before hand, my friend got accousted by a dork from Birmingham which put a bit of a damper on things!

Well off now to take doggy for a long walk.

Speak to you later.

lh

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts