Visiting a bank!

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Did you have to use google search to find if any local branches were left open. I can now get a cocktail where I used to get my money - but at least I can pay cashless LOL!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Same here. We used to have four banks but now only one, and I think that owes its existence to the power of a local business.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Had to go into bank to deposit a cheque. No idea why the utility company did not simply refund the money back to my account as they had the bank details.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
A few months ago, I went to our bank, to pay two cheques infor my wife. I had her card pushed it into the machine, cheque one, accepted Cheque two not accepted. Tried three times. Lady assistant comes over and says " oh yes these large size cheques can be problamatic. I will do it manually here, for you. Oh, this is not your card, No its my wifes, But why do you know her PIN number, I should confiscate the card, I pointed out that after being married for over 40 years there were many secrets we shared with each other, and anyway I was paying money INTO the account. She asked to see my bank card and I showed her it, she said but thats a Guernsey account, I replied yes, I dont bank in the UK, and if she didnt get this sorted out I would close my wifes account with this bank and go elsewhere, After a few more arguments she paid the cheque in and handed me back the card,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts