Visiting Dubrovnik - Possible Problem

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
I recently completed a Tour down to Dubrovnik, in Croatia. On our return journey I met and spoke to a fellow Brit, who once he realised where we had been, asked me the following question. Did my Car Insurance cover me for the 6 mile stretch of Bosnia Herzogovina that splits Croatia in two? I had to admit I did not know, but was able to tell him the road was OK with one set of traffic lights and a village to drive through.

I have now checked with my Insurance Company and it appears that I was not covered as Bosnia Herzogovina is not in the EEC. If you are intending to visit Dubrovnik it may be worth checking on where you stand with your Insurance Company.

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
It might be something that's specific to each insurance company and/or the country that it's issued in. However, we recently hired a car at Dubrovnik airport, returning it to Pula 2 weeks later. We were advised that provided we stayed on the main highway through the section of Bosnia-Herzgovina our insurance would be valid, but that if we drove into any other part of the country we would need additional cover.

As an aside, we had to do the fly-drive due to the amount of time we could take off work. Croatia is beautiful (well, all of it except Split), but we were reminded that airports are dreadful places, some of the rented accommodation we stayed in was quite expensive and I hated our hire car very much. We'd love to drive back there and take the caravan with us and I'm trying not to think about how far away retirement is!

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
SamandRose said:
.........We'd love to drive back there and take the caravan with us and I'm trying not to think about how far away retirement is !.....

Mmm , not counting but 26 years 11 months give or take a day or 2 for me !!!

:eek:hmy: :( :p

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts