Vodafone dongle coverage

Jul 21, 2006
Visit site
Vodafone Dongle is a no chance at Longleat, very very poor vodafone signal (unable to use phone too), think its the same for various other networks as well.

Longleat is one CC site with its own wireless network, however it isnt cheap and u need to ensure your are pitched fairly close to reception to get a good signal.

Not sure about the other sites you mention though.

Regards

Mark

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Chrissie

Mark is correct you will not get a signal actually at longleat due to the location, however I in Frome (3 miles away) and good Vodafone 3G coverage here as mast on edge of town.

The problem at Longleat is due to the dense woodland - now this is going to sound really sad but if you go to heavens gate you will find coverage, or out to the main gate may get coverage but very limited!!!

Using 3G card as we speak with no problems

Looe - you should be OK used mine earlier in the year, but not CC club side, you could also attach the extended USB cable put dongle my roof light may help.

Di

Sep 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chrissie

Mark is correct you will not get a signal actually at longleat due to the location, however I in Frome (3 miles away) and good Vodafone 3G coverage here as mast on edge of town.

The problem at Longleat is due to the dense woodland - now this is going to sound really sad but if you go to heavens gate you will find coverage, or out to the main gate may get coverage but very limited!!!

Using 3G card as we speak with no problems

Looe - you should be OK used mine earlier in the year, but not CC club side, you could also attach the extended USB cable put dongle my roof light may help.

Di
I use my mobile as a modem its a nokia n96 I use it with a usb cable not bluetooth as it faster wired.Ideal for web browsing emails etc but not enough bandwith for downloading.

Im on free unlimited web with my package

Oct 2, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your advice! Going to Longleat in a couple of weeks time before heading off down to Cornwall so was thinking of buying a dongle before we went with it being a much cheaper option overall than using the CC wi-fi, plus there is no expiry date and can use it throughout the year. At least I will be able to use it at one of the sites without having to go too far. Thanks again!!!

Chrissie

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
Longleat is like Cirencester - I had to leave the site to get a signal with my Vodaphone dongle.

Just a drive to the top of a nearby hill at Longleat will suffice, near the pub at the exit was an ideal spot. Good excuse for a swift half.

Just a tip - always use an extension USB cable and put the dongle through the rooflight and fasten with a bit of blutack. It makes a vast improvement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts