Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi there

Gill, Mikes wife here. A thought has occured to me (a painful experience). We are all gradually getting to know one another and some of you have met up recently. Some have posted their pics, others have said what they do for a living or have told us about where they live, but what do we all sound like....accents I mean. We were both born in Gloucestershire and have fairly strong Glos accents oooh arrrh. We lived in North Yorks for a few years and picked up a bit of a Yorkie inflection. (the kids were broad Yorkshire until we moved back to Glos). How do you sound. All replies in dialect please!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If anyone starts on about boyo, Taffy, vallies, coal tips, etc. I will personally come to your home/holiday caravan and give you a Garw Kiss. You have been warned. You would not like the expeience at all.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
If anyone starts on about boyo, Taffy, vallies, coal tips, etc. I will personally come to your home/holiday caravan and give you a Garw Kiss. You have been warned. You would not like the expeience at all.
...... so mentioning sheep is OK then? :O)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Well Gill, for the first time in this forum I'm stumped. How on earth can I type in my accent lolol. Coming from Herefordshire I suppose I sound a bit rustic, infact my son likens my voice to an old farmer ;O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dont' push your luck mate - sheep come under the clas of "etc."

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Well gill allthough i moved from Putney in London 30 years ago ,to go and live in Farnborough Hants ,i moved to Swansea in south Wales 4 years ago ,but i am told i still sound like a Cockney

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Joby I am glad that you have now found the delights of Swansea and south Wales. Although you may sound like a Londoner you will find that we will welcome you to God's chosen land with open arms. South Wales is the Mecca of the West.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin ,all my wife's side of the family come from Swansea ,and we used to come down here quite a lot ,so it made sense to move here ,we live in a place called Dunvant just off the Gower road ,gets real windy here at times but we love it here ,i still get called back east to do some work now and again ,but with the M4 close by its no problem

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Joby I know the area well. I have friends living in Mayills Avenue and my father was from Eton Crescent, just off Walters Road. I presume you now go east over the bridge on missionary work to convert the opposition to the ways of the Welsh. You can take a girl out of Wales but you cannot take Wales out of the girl.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts