Volvo tow car

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
As I no longer tow the Volvo is too big for our needs so we are purchasing a brand new (a first for us) car.

The Volvo has proved to be a smashing tow car. This is the advert I am posting, It is gray. PM me for pictures etc.

1677334894279.jpeg

For Sale. £9500 ono. I am in Gloucester

Volvo V70 D3 2013 Automatic.

81,000 miles. Full service history,

Very good condition, two owners from new. Excellent drive.

The car reports around 52 mpg on long runs and 42.5 mpg combined. It has excellent Michelin tyres all round with about 70% wear left.

The car comes with:

Leather upholstery
Heated front seats
Heated windscreen
Active bending self-leveling headlights
BLIS blind spot information system
Auto dipping rear view mirror
Leather steering wheel
Headlight washers
Heated windscreen nozzles
Reversing sensors
Bluetooth handsfree
Voice control
Sat Nav with free updates
Auto folding, heated door mirrors
Cruise control
Duel electronic climate control
Auto rain-sensing wipers
Powered tailgate
Boot cover
Boot anchor system
Boot shopping carrier
Detachable towbar with 13 pin electrics (Volvo fitted)
Legendary Volvo safety features

I have bills for new disks and pads all round. A few thousand miles ago and for cam belt, water pump and accessory belts recently.

MOT Until 16 August, and taxed until September. So ready to drive away.

Note:

I collect a new car around 8th March. If a sale is not completed by then I will put it in part exchange.

More pictures at this link:

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Please can you suggest the price you are seeking and an approx location. My son might be interested and I can show him later today. Thanks!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Nice car. I had the XC70 AWD D5 and when we gave up caravans in 2014 we sold it for the same reason as you. But then we bought another caravan and tow car in 2017. What’s the new car ?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Please can you suggest the price you are seeking and an approx location. My son might be interested and I can show him later today. Thanks!

Done now. That was something I intended to do and missed. Thanks for noticing.

Nice car. I had the XC70 AWD D5 and when we gave up caravans in 2014 we sold it for the same reason as you. But then we bought another caravan and tow car in 2017. What’s the new car ?

We are getting an MG ZS Exclusive. Half a meter shorter and a massive towing limit of 500kg. Nice to drive, but has more road and wind noise than the Volvo.

Still hoping I have made a good choice, time will tell. But a good offer.

John

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

We are getting an MG ZS Executive. Half a meter shorter and a massive towing limit of 500kg. Nice to drive, but has more road and wind noise than the Volvo.

John
Hi John hope you like your new car :D

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

We are getting an MG ZS Executive. Half a meter shorter and a massive towing limit of 500kg. Nice to drive, but has more road and wind noise than the Volvo.

John
MG seemed to have established themselves now and they seem to be popular in our area. They are nice looking cars. There’s a main dealership in a town about 12 miles away that has been selling the marque pretty well since they came into the country. The 7 year warranty is a strong feature. Is your electric, PHEV or ICE?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
MG seemed to have established themselves now and they seem to be popular in our area. They are nice looking cars. There’s a main dealership in a town about 12 miles away that has been selling the marque pretty well since they came into the country. The 7 year warranty is a strong feature. Is your electric, PHEV or ICE?

I thought of the EV. Would be fine for us 95% of the time. 163 mile range. But we travel to Whitehaven regularly. And the idea of stopping twice, hoping to find a charging point, then waiting, puts us off.

We will be getting the 1.0 ltr turbo.

Last year they had a 1.5 ltr non-turbo. The 1 ltr is the replacement. About the same output. Not fast, but surprisingly nippy.

A 3d camera system, hope that is not too much of a gimmick.

John

Reactions: otherclive
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
SOLD.

I was offered £8000 in PX. They are advertised at various prices up to £12,500. Some were only offering £6,800.

I sold it through Carwow for £8,550. So nice to have made an extra £550.

The dealer who bought it is about 150 mile away, I will be interested to see how they collect it.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
SOLD.

I was offered £8000 in PX. They are advertised at various prices up to £12,500. Some were only offering £6,800.

I sold it through Carwow for £8,550. So nice to have made an extra £550.

The dealer who bought it is about 150 mile away, I will be interested to see how they collect it.
Hi John Great news i new it would sell well done (y)

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
The Volvo is now for sale by a dealer in North Wales for £11,998, So about £3000 more than he gave me, after transport costs. But fair enough. They have already done a lot of presentation work on it, and it looks really good. They also need to put a warranty on it and they have overheads.

1678547431930.jpeg

This is after being polished by the dealer. It cleaned up nicely.

But I am happy with my new buy. Not a tow car nor a long-range cruiser. But more sensible for our current use.

1678547808036.jpeg

I paid a local small business to machine polish and double coat the body, wheels, and glass, plus the seats have been treated.

The original showroom finish looked fine, but it now looks twice as good.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The Volvo is now for sale by a dealer in North Wales for £11,998, So about £3000 more than he gave me, after transport costs. But fair enough. They have already done a lot of presentation work on it, and it looks really good. They also need to put a warranty on it and they have overheads.

View attachment 4397

But I am happy with my new buy. Not a tow car nor a long-range cruiser. But more sensible for our current use.

View attachment 4398

I paid a local small business to machine polish and double coat the body, wheels, and glass, plus the seats have been treated.

John
That’s not a particularly large mark up, as it’s often around 50% which it would have been compared to the trade in price you were given. New car look good.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
BLIS = blind spot information system.

On the Volvo, there is a rearward facing camera on each mirror. If a vehicle is spotted a dull amber light comes inside the door, to warn that there is someone in the blind spot. In reality, it warns too late. But on the good side, it is a constant reminder to check the blind spot.

The new MG also has it but the light is on the mirror glass itself. I think it has two modes. If reversing, it can warn of someone crossing at the rear. Too early to tell if it works well or not.

John

Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 4397

View attachment 4398

John
Hi John your new car looks stunning enjoy

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’ve never yet had a car with BLIS so I have to keep doing what I did in my motor bike days. A look over the shoulder plus mirrors. 😂 To have had BLIS in the latest Kia would have meant going up one step to top spec, but the HK sound system ate into boot space and was wasted on my hearing, which isn’t good.

Reactions: RogerL and Buckman
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
John
is BLIS electronic or the bits on the door mirrors?
I would have liked that system, but instead, when travelling on the motorways I just adjust out the mirrors to have a much wider view, then off of the motorway adjust them back again. And as OC states the motorcycle habit of a quick look over the shoulder if unsure.

Reactions: Buckman
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I would have liked that system, but instead, when travelling on the motorways I just adjust out the mirrors to have a much wider view, then off of the motorway adjust them back again. And as OC states the motorcycle habit of a quick look over the shoulder if unsure.
Like OC and yourself I prefer the visual impact of seeing a car rather than a warning. If I have a blind spot I look on it that there is a possibility that there is something there that you cause an incident.

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts