Volvo V60 Cross Country review

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
The report says the Volvo was 85% matched to a van with its MIRO. What happens when the van is loaded for habitation to its MTPLM?? Don't the testing results then go out the window?

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
We aim to match each test car to a caravan weighing approximately 85% of the car's kerbweight. We deliberately use the MiRO not the MTPLM, as the vans are always unloaded.

Obviously increasing the weight of the caravan, whether by testing with a heavier van or loading it more heavily, would have an impact on performance and stability.

If we were testing with loaded vans we would start with a lighter van and still test at approximately an 85% match.

We are not suggesting that the vans used in the tests would make an ideal match for caravanners of all levels of experience once loaded.

I hope that helps.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I looked at the, full Volvo range and decided that the XC 70 is the best for us, looked like a lovely towcar, but, the headrests, cannot be adjusted, my wife found that her head was being pushed forward as she likes the seat upright., The dealer replied, you could sit in the back, " Not whilst I am driving, " I believe this car , the V60, also has non adjustable headrests. , had my wife not been with me I would have bought the XC 70. Wow what a problem I would have had.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts