Volvo xc60

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had problems towing with the Volvo xc60. First time out it was the worst ride ever not smooth at all. Caravan weight 1600.
Loaded up as with previous car's.
HELP PLEASE

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Assuming that you are completely satisfied that your car and van are a suitable towing match, it might be worth checking your tyre pressures Taff, especially the rears. Many cars nowadays have different recommended tyre pressures depending on the loading. When towing a caravan and especially with a loaded car as well, I would recommend inflating to your tyres to the higher of the recommended pressures.

Also worth checking the caravan tyre pressures of course.

Underinflated tyres for the given loading conditions can make a huge difference to the general feel and overall stability of an outfit.

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
Icaru5 said:
Assuming that you are completely satisfied that your car and van are a suitable towing match, it might be worth checking your tyre pressures Taff, especially the rears. Many cars nowadays have different recommended tyre pressures depending on the loading. When towing a caravan and especially with a loaded car as well, I would recommend inflating to your tyres to the higher of the recommended pressures.

Underinflated tyres for the given loading conditions can make a huge difference to the general feel and overall stability of an outfit.

Good point... e.g. my Kuga shows the tyre pressure fully loaded rear as 41 psi, but if you look at the towing pages, you get an "add 3 PSI for towing"...

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Guzzilazz said:
Icaru5 said:

Good point... e.g. my Kuga shows the tyre pressure fully loaded rear as 41 psi, but if you look at the towing pages, you get an "add 3 PSI for towing"...

My rears go from 220 kpa. solo to 290 kpa loaded and towing. Fronts 210 to 250.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
What was your previous car, and when do you get the bumpines?

Just towed the 150 miles back from Yorkshire, with my 2014 XC60. Tyre pressures at 40psi all round and the caravan (1437kg) noseweight at 90kg - the max for all first generation XC60s - with no issues.

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi All
Just got back from Spain for 9 weeks travelling across from Santander to La Manga then worked our way up the coast to Barcellona then back across to Bilbao, my volvo xc60 r-design 2.4 behaved perfectly.My caravans weight is 1650 but with all the extras proberly nearly 2000.The only time I have had a problem was when the nose weight was very light so now I measure it before hitching up and making sure its approx 80kg.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
traficman said:
Hi All
Just got back from Spain for 9 weeks travelling across from Santander to La Manga then worked our way up the coast to Barcellona then back across to Bilbao, my volvo xc60 r-design 2.4 behaved perfectly.My caravans weight is 1650 but with all the extras proberly nearly 2000.The only time I have had a problem was when the nose weight was very light so now I measure it before hitching up and making sure its approx 80kg.

Trafficman, I hope you mean your empty eight is 1650 , and you should never exceed that, you were at possibly 2000 kg. Cancel your member ship to every thing. :angry:

Done the same to south of France a few years ago, Edge of Switzerland first, down and around Temps in the high 30c. Some of us have done it and gotten away with it Mechanically and without , stopping by the law. . Enjoy the forum.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts