Volvo XC70

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We thought this might be a good compromise between an estate and a full 4x4. Going to look at one tomorrow and I would appreciate any comments you may have. Its a 2007/07 (old shape) SE D5 (185) manual with 100,000 on the clock and full Volvo service history, also a very good price. Only worry so far is that it belonged to a Vet so its probably had a lot of "agricultural" use! Thanks, Jim.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Great vehicle. We had one and it towed a dream, although it was the bigger engined model. We may well go back to owning one in 18 months when we are due to replace our current V70 D5 at three years, although Volvo have been taken over by a Chinese manufacturer and it is rumoured (I don't know how true this is)that the XC70 model may be withdrawn.

Ann

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ann thanks for your comment. We had a test drive in the car and my wife loved it but I found the steering rather vague and, although it was very comfortable, the ride was rather "floaty". We are still thinking and may go back for another look. Jim.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi J&P

I just had another thought. Why not test drive a brand new XC70 and see how that handles, before going back and looking at the initial vehicle. We had no problems with the steering and, as you say, comfort (and safety) is second to none.

Ann

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ann, thanks for your comment again. I had a second test drive in the XC70 and got on a bit better than the first time but still didnt feel comfortable with it. Following recommendations on this forum, I had a test drive in a 2.2tdci Mondeo Estate and I loved it! It also has the advantage that its easier for our dogs to get in the back because its lower. Its not AWD and the engine is not as powerful but it still has lots of torque and at half the price (ok its a year older!) I decided to take a chance. Thanks again for your help, Jim.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts