Volvo XC90

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't call "60" low profile, my xtrail has that profile, the last x had 65.

But the audi quattro i had was 225/45/17, now that is low profile, but also gave tram lining, i would never have a car with low profile tyres again.

Also i think you will find that most tyres from new only have 7mm of tyre depth.

As for front tyres only lasting 10k approx, lots of cars have front tyres that last only that long, way back to the first x3 as i recall.

Interesting to read about the xc90 gearbox failures, volvo isn't a make that i associate with poor reliability!

Just a question out of interest, does the auto box have a oil cooler, if so is it big enough?
There is nothing in the Volvo literature to say any additional autobox cooling is required.

We have towed with a 145, a 245, a 940 and now the XC90 all automatics and never needed extra cooling, even in southern Italy.

As far as I understand the problems in the US were/are with the GM gearbox, which I think is a manual box (not that I know much about cars!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts