VOSA ain't as cleaver as they think they are !

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
Regarding operators lisencing,a vehicle grossing 7.5 ton with a trailer or not requires an " o "lisence.Any vehicle 3.5ton or over is common to Tachograph laws thus requires a Tachogragh.
Why is it people choose to run commercial vehicles but dont want all the hassle that goes with them?Trying to twist the law."We dont need this,we dont need that"
Quite simple,if people cant afford to maintain them dont run them.
Steve you say "the trailer had pretruding bolts"at what level are these at,high enough to catch a child at a zebra crossing?
The brakes are defective,quite simple whether it needs them or not they are defective there are parts missing.
Does the brother have public liability insurance as from the sounds of it he has more than one employee?

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
This tax on the veggie oil situation is a bit strange, I have no idear how they know how much you have produced/used but as stated the allowance is 2500ltrs per year. Now if you should be silly enough to admit to our wonderful government inland revenue department that you had produced 2501 liters for example, you would not be liable for the duty on the extra 1ltr, but would be liable for the duty on the whole 2501 ltrs.
Now thats Westminster logic at its best and really gives you an incentive to be as honest as our wonderful members of parliment.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Seth a couple of things to bear in mind.
Our truck was a LT35 curtainsider rated at 3500Kgs gross and 5500Kgs Gross train.
That's why we didn't need an O License.
As far as we were concerned it wasn't a matter of trying to dodge any regulations as we had made what we thought were appropriate enquiries.
Another good question has popped up out of this thread.

Just how can the revenue men captivate or calculate how much duty free veggie oil you've burnt? Not that I'd fancy putting our local take away oil through if their day glow orange balti's are anything to go by.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Ok Seth. So while 99% of people would be quite honest and own up if they were wrong, there is always the 1% who bluff their way through.
Because I used to use my car for towing our caravan to and from each farm where we built the chicken sheds, I used to put my fuel recipts through the books for that job and just in case the customs and excise wanted proof of private mileage I kept all recipts for fuel. But other folks I knew, put far more recipts through than the mileage recorded between MOT's. (our Mr 1%). But guess who got questioned about his fuel expenses. Yep you got it ME!

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
OK Steve they questioned you, but how else do they actually find the 1% or 10% of dodgers?and how do you know that they didnt catch out a few of those dodgers anyway? same applies to this new veggie diesel situation, no doubt the custom blokes will get a sniff of who is taking advantage of this benefit and will catch out those that exploit it to far....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts