VW passet

Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
I am thinking about buying a VW passet as my next car it is the 1.9 TD (2000 W reg) anyone got any views on this car and what about kerb weight. I want to tow my Bailey Ranger 520 with it. many thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hello I have a passat tdi 115bhp estate W reg, the car i think weighs in at 1400kg a bit light compared to the mondeo, but it pulls my 5 berth swift rapid no bother, I am well over the ton in miles and the car has been faultless---make sure you get a service history if you buy. Check under the bonnet, the engine cover will have a large TDI plate on top, if the DI is red then it is a 115bhp PD engine---to be certain you can obtain the engine number and phone your local VW Dealer who should have all the info on the car.----The car may be a 110 bhp which is still good,but lacks a bit of punch on the long motorway inclines

rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
-------also if you do get the car, buy some "Miller Plus" diesel additive, it is really good, I read about it in the vw forum, and gave it a try, after about 2 weeks I could tell the difference in the engine, quieter, and a little more responsive---I put a drop in every 3 months

rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hello I have a passat tdi 115bhp estate W reg, the car i think weighs in at 1400kg a bit light compared to the mondeo, but it pulls my 5 berth swift rapid no bother, I am well over the ton in miles and the car has been faultless---make sure you get a service history if you buy. Check under the bonnet, the engine cover will have a large TDI plate on top, if the DI is red then it is a 115bhp PD engine---to be certain you can obtain the engine number and phone your local VW Dealer who should have all the info on the car.----The car may be a 110 bhp which is still good,but lacks a bit of punch on the long motorway inclines

rob
Be careful on this one- I know that on the later engines, when the DI is red its a 130PD and TDI in red is 150PD, same on Golf and Bora. The new VW's have TDI badging (103) and 2.0 TDI badging (138). The 2000 model may be different but worth checking?

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
Be careful on this one- I know that on the later engines, when the DI is red its a 130PD and TDI in red is 150PD, same on Golf and Bora. The new VW's have TDI badging (103) and 2.0 TDI badging (138). The 2000 model may be different but worth checking?
To make it a bit easier, Passats were never sold (in the UK at least), with the 150bhp diesel TDI PD engine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts