VW Touareg 2.5TDi Auto

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have one of the above cars and would like to know if anyone else has one and what they think of it as a tow car please.

I new to the forum and have read a lot of stuff on here that is anti 4x4, I'm really not interested in having one of those discussions because quite frankly if you're one of those people who sit at home worrying how many wheels drive someone elses car then you really should get out more or get a hobby!

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply.

Enjoy your caravanning.

Cheers

Mark

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
not got one but they were testing one on top gear , dont know if it was the latest series or one of the many many sky repeats.

they reckon the V10 5 litre diesel engine is great with massive torque, but other than that was pretty poor in other areas.

poor ride & handling ,vague steering, poor visibility through the rear window etc and certainly not worth

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
not got one but they were testing one on top gear , dont know if it was the latest series or one of the many many sky repeats.

they reckon the V10 5 litre diesel engine is great with massive torque, but other than that was pretty poor in other areas.

poor ride & handling ,vague steering, poor visibility through the rear window etc and certainly not worth

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark, welcome to the forum. You have asked a very sensible question and requested, quite rightly, not to get into a 4x4 pro/con debate. However, wouldn't it have been more tactful to have left your question at that in order not to inflame the situation again by inferring some members do not lead a normal life if they have a differing opinion to someone else?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark, welcome to the forum. You have asked a very sensible question and requested, quite rightly, not to get into a 4x4 pro/con debate. However, wouldn't it have been more tactful to have left your question at that in order not to inflame the situation again by inferring some members do not lead a normal life if they have a differing opinion to someone else?
Maybe you're right, but there does seem to be a lot of very petty argument on these forums over what shape your car is and how many wheels drive your car. It seems very childish, from both sides.

I've seen things like this tear forums apart and people leave them, I thought with a caravan forum things might be different, more laid back and sensible people posting on it.

Road users in this country have a hard time as it with the piggy banks, sorry cameras, everywhere, vat on tax with petrol and people trying to kill you everytime you go out on the road.

Let's all work together. We motorcyclists have a saying "it's not what you ride that matters, it's how you ride" maybe that should be changed to car drivers?

All the best

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Maybe you're right, but there does seem to be a lot of very petty argument on these forums over what shape your car is and how many wheels drive your car. It seems very childish, from both sides.

I've seen things like this tear forums apart and people leave them, I thought with a caravan forum things might be different, more laid back and sensible people posting on it.

Road users in this country have a hard time as it with the piggy banks, sorry cameras, everywhere, vat on tax with petrol and people trying to kill you everytime you go out on the road.

Let's all work together. We motorcyclists have a saying "it's not what you ride that matters, it's how you ride" maybe that should be changed to car drivers?

All the best

Mark
Thanks for the reply Mark, I admit I do agree with a lot of what you are saying. Cheers, Dave (Daventura).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts