VW Touran 1.9 Tdi 2005

May 3, 2005
Visit site
My brother in law towed a 2004 Bailey Pageant Champagne with one of these untila couple of months ago and told me it was fine.

I have no more details.

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
You will be fine. We tow with one and have done for the last few months, without problems. We have a 1.9 tdi 7 seater (the 5 and 7 seater have different kerbweights/permissible towing weights etc). The kerbweight for the 7 seater, as per the handbook, is 1614kg, however even with the 5 seater with the 460s MTPLM of 1287 you're well within the 85%.

Good tourqey Tdi engine, the 2.0 would be better but the 1.9 does just fine. Had a smokey clutch a few times when reversing but this was due to me slipping it too much, otherwise it's a very practical and stable towing outfit. We average 30mpg towing a significantly larger outfit than yours.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lin and John,

I recently bought the 2.0 TDI with the DSG auto gearbox. I tow a Sterling Vitesse (Europa) 520 with MTPLM of 1341kgs. My car ghas a kerbweight of 1712kgs, so the outfit is well within the 85% guideline.

This last weekend was our first outing, and I have to say the car towed like a dream. Both motorway and A road driving was a pleasure.

I used a Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0TD prior to the Touran, and it would pitch alot when towing. The Touran is a totaly different vehicle proving much more stable and having the variable geometry turbo does not suffer from the turbo lag that the Suzuki did.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts