VW Touran 2.0 SE TDi (140)

Sep 16, 2006
Visit site
Just wondered if anyone uses one of use a VW Touran, since I am wondering what are they like for day to day use and whilst towing?

I need to chance my car in the very near future since my daughter has an allergic reaction to the leather seats in my current car, and I've been offered £4k off a new one by a VW dealer.

Thanks in Advance

Bill

Apr 18, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

Like many others will tell on here,they are very versatile tow

cars.If you scroll back through the pages,you will see threads on the Touran 2.0 diesel.

Best of luck,

FrankE.

Jul 23, 2007
Visit site
hi we have that model vw have towed for 30 years with volvos 4x 4 and find this car great solo 50 mpg plus towing 32 mpg caravan 1350 max been to spain over the winter car performed great did every thing I asked of it good drive plenty of power and economy

ellis

Mar 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi Bill,

I tow a 1500 Kg. van with my Touran 140 SE DSG, and I find it a great all-round car.Bought it new in June 2005, and have been to Italy with the 'van twice, and it has been a dream to tow with.Solo, I get around 43 mpg, and towing 27-28 mpg, but I do tend to be heavy right-footed with the 'van on, so that could easily be improved upon. 1500 kg. is the car's limit, but it definitely has no problem coping with it.

The only downside is the fact that they don't come with a spare wheel (only supplied with a tube of gue and a compressor), but I removed seats 6 & 7 and fitted a spare wheel in the well where the seats were situated.

I've only had one fault on the car so far, touch wood, and that was a faulty break-light sensor whilst on holiday in Italy, and was replaced within about 20 mins.

Overall, I'm very pleased with it, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

TRENDING THREADS