VW Transporter lwb as a towing vehicle in Europe

Mar 10, 2024
Visit site
I’m wanting to caravan in Europe with a vw transporter lwb or vw transporter shuttle lwb. I intend to use the van as basically a storage vehicle for mountain bikes, paddle boards etc. so that in the daytime I can leave the caravan and have a vehicle of a reasonable size (not to big that it makes it hard to get to places like the beach or mountains) that can carry all my gear. Can anyone see any negatives / problems of doing this in Europe? Do caravan sites care about the towing vehicle?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’m wanting to caravan in Europe with a vw transporter lwb or vw transporter shuttle lwb. I intend to use the van as basically a storage vehicle for mountain bikes, paddle boards etc. so that in the daytime I can leave the caravan and have a vehicle of a reasonable size (not to big that it makes it hard to get to places like the beach or mountains) that can carry all my gear. Can anyone see any negatives / problems of doing this in Europe? Do caravan sites care about the towing vehicle?
Some sites don’t accept what visually looks like a commercial vehicle. So best to check when booking.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts