W T H D T M

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello All,

You are probably wondering what my subject refers to, well its this... 'What the Hell does that mean'

As an example there is a post in Technical headed F & S mcb, as newcomer I have no idea what is being referred to. One I probably should know, but dont, is 'lol' which I have assumed is lots of love, but it does not seem to fit in all cases.

I myself was once guilty of a similar problem, when I referred to a machine that I was recommending to a customer, as a 48"BGP, he said what the hell is that ?

Seriously, for new people like myself it can be helpful to have the full wording shown at all times.

Thanks for all the help and information I have gained from the Forum.

Best regards

George

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi George

In cases where Lots of Love doesn't fit, LOL would then mean Laugh out Loud (which is generally the more usual meaning).

I know what you mean, the post you mentioned in Technical means nothing to me either - but then I'm female and blonde, so that probably has something to do with it! LOL!!

And a new member posted in the, well, New Members section saying he'd got a FL2 which stumped me as well, until it was pointed out to me by a fellow Land Rover owner and friend that it meant Freelander 2! Duh!

People do sometimes tend to assume that we all know everything (I'm also guilty of that at times), but just ask if you don't know and someone will help.

Sue

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
George

When you are trying to understand some of the posting just pick some of the words out & google them just like the one you have mentioned ( F&S MCB ).

(MCBs) = Miniture Circuit Breakers.

F&S is the company that make them.

Just like i have done HERE ....

Hope this is of some help for you :eek:)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
My view is that if it was important to me, I would have heard of it. Otherwise it can safely be ignored. Neither my gender nor the colour of my hair come into it.

mel

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello Soozeeg,

To be honest the post you referred to, was the one that got me thinking about the problem. I had no idea what FL2 meant either, and I am bald and a man.

As always Sproket, thanks for your input, always helpful and informative.

Best regards,

George

May 25, 2009
Visit site
the post you mentioned in Technical means nothing to me either - but then I'm female and blonde,

Hi Ladies,

Don't try to pull that one. Every woman I have met knows how to operate a sewing machine, operate a washing machine, and mend a photocopier. These are all dark arts to me.

602 (Motto - if you don't want to do something, do it wrong the first time)

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Sewing machine? What's one of them? And as for a photocopier....no idea how to mend one, but I know a man who can!!! lol

Oh, and good motto, I like it, may have to save it for future reference ;-)

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
This made me think back to when I first came across these TLA's (now that's a new one I've learned)I just didn't have a clue but you soon catch on. The one that got me was

SWMBO for the life on me I couldn't figure it out so I asked.

SWMBO = She who must be obeyed LOL (laughing out loud)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts