wagging the tail!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all,

just picked up our new van, bailey ranger 6 berth, slightly heavier MPLW that our old ABI, but still a perfect 85.2% match for our modeo estate (130tdci). However I did notice that when towing the van for the first time there was evidence of slight swaying. dont get me wrong it was not a full white nuckle event but we have never really expereinced this with other vans. The bailey is a single axel but the overall lenght is a bit over 7m, could this additional lenght be the problem. I noticed it more when being overtaken by lorries. My speed was also within the legal limits. I do have a stablizer fitted & when towing the van was brand new and completley empty all kit was loaded into the tug. What do u guys think? is a slight wobble nothing to worry about?

Thnaks TONY

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we all get this picking up a new van due to it being unladen. Once you get some weight in the front lockers it will be fine. take a cocrete block with you next time to give yourself some noseweight.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
As already mentioned as the van was empty it was probably lite on the nose. Using the bathroom scales under the jockey wheel load the van with gear so that you have about 70kgs of nose weight, this should cure the wagging.

Don't bother with concrete for ballast, put a few tins of the amber necter and a bottle of the wife's tipple in instead, tastes better and helps the weekend to unwind !!??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts