May 13, 2006
Visit site
Were going to Wales in the Easter break next year, does anyone know where to find the most picturesque landscape and any good cls in the area ( I dont want much do I?) I have seen an amzing looking cl in the club magazine once on a huge field that looked in the bottom of a valley any one got any ideas on that too while I'm asking? (yes I am very trying!) thanks

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
North Wales has the most dramatic landscapes with Snowdonia but anywhere in Wales is a good choice. They have recently opened a coastal path around the whole of Anglesey which also has some great beaches. Mid Wales is the least populated and there are some good spots around the Llandridnod Wells areas. Pembrokeshire is also famous for it's coastal footpath and we had a brilliant trip there in April.Even the more populated south has some great spots too, the area around Swansea, the Gower, Wye Valley, Brecon Beacons... cardiff is a great city especially if the weather is poor.

I am biased as I live in North Wales, so that is where I would recommend !

Any of the CC sites in Wales would do nicely.

Come to think of it, I think we'll have a trip in Wales again next year !

Jan 20, 2008
Visit site
try pembrey country park 10miles of blue flag beach,tobogan run also alongside is pembrey cc site.burryport is 5min by car coastal cycle path. brilliant unspoilt coast with no rip off kiss me quick type of commercial development.

beach is minutes yes minutes from either site which are located alongside forestry.Visit burryport lifeboat station and harbour.

good luck

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To expand on Heydn's posting - Pembrey caravan site is also very central for either the more industrial south east Wales such as Porthcawl, Barry or Cardiff but also south west Wales of Tenby Saundersfoot, Pembroke, etc. Th ecountry park also offers hotrse riding, dry ski slope, walking, cycling and for the young/not so young a model railway with both steam and diesel trains. In fine weather there would be no need to go abroad - it is all there on one site.

TRENDING THREADS