Walkie Talkies

Dec 10, 2005
Visit site
Make sure you get a set that has more than 8 channels.

We've been using w/talkies since we started vanning (4ish years ago) and have noticed that its getting harder to find an unused channel on sites.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Trev

We bought some while on holiday in the usa

i have just googled the model no

-----------------------------------------

The Motorola Talkabout T5530 has no busy signals, no roaming charges and a range of up to eight miles. With a compact and rugged design, the T5530 is light enough to fit in a pocket and sturdy enough to take anything that's thrown its way. Take it to the lake to keep in touch while boating, or stick it in your child's pocket so they can communicate with you without racking up expensive charges or relying on cell towers.

Range of up to eight miles

No roaming charges, fear of dropped calls or expensive overages to worry about

Continuous weather broadcasting from a NOAA channel (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)

22-channel capacity with 38 privacy codes, creating 836 combinations

QT (Quiet Talk) interruption filter prevents other manufacturers' radios from being heard on your channel, allowing you to chat with your friends without being heard by others

iVOX feature allows hands-free speakerphone-like communication

Rechargeable batteries

----------------------------------------------------------

we just use AA batteries

as said in previous posts more channels the better

we were in one of the shopping malls and someone came onto our channel we had set, so we just jumped up one on the splitter channel,

Sproket

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
Trev (Rubber Duck)

Don't know if they're still marketed but I use a pair of 8 channel Binatone MR200's which I've had ooh nearly ten years. Bought them for keeping in essential touch from my canal boat to the forward lock wheelers and pub spotters etc up the towpath. And now with travelling caravan companions when desperate for a comfort or refuelling stop (or having lost a window!). Very useful.

One's been in the cut but still worked after drying out so pretty durable. Not expensive but chews battery power so you do need rechargeables as others confirm.

Over and out - or 10/4 if you are ancient enough to remember Broderick Crawford in Highway Patrol?!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi Trev

I bought theses http://www.motorola.com/walkie-talkie/english/downloads/TALKR_T7_datasheet_english.pdf I read a lot of reviews and these are the dogs danglies, they have a range of about 6 miles, there robust, and they can allso be used as child monitors which we found really handy..

Regards Rab.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
My daughter has just bought Binatone latitude 100. 8 channels distance 2 miles.

Binatone also sell a 150 rechargable.

I wa thinking of getting this one,

Has anyone used these?

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
There is a standard for walkie talkies in europe and the uk only 8 channnels (although these can be cut down into sub channels) and limit to 2 miles due to power etc.

I believe USA purchased ones are illegal to use in the UK due to they clash with some channels put aside for other purposes

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts