Walking stick/pole

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Off to Devon in 2 weeks with the dog so will be doing some walking, to make life a bit more easy I am going to get a walking stick, the ones with spring assister all to help with an enjoyable walk, so I went on e*ay, that’s when it got complicated.
They rang from £4 to £12 so cheep to bye but what one, I will need adjustable hight and one had a light in the handle.
Anyone got one and what should I look out for.
Thanks Reg

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
My OH likes this sort, ebay number 350444936954 it gives him support going down hills, I like the ones with a straight handle, we have Craghopper ones at the moment, about £7.00. We have had ones that are cheaper than that and have been fine, as well as ones that are more expensive and have been rubbish and only lasted a few Munroes, so we go for middle prices.

Aug 1, 2007
Visit site
DO NOT buy cheap poles they will let you down if you put to much weight on them
My 1st pole cost me £30 lasted 15 years
If you go for 2 poles you will need to use them properly to get the benefit of them

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, I have ordered one like Connie's OH but has a light fixed in the handle, it is a little bit more pricey, about £11 with postage.
It's just that this year I have slipped over 3 times and need all the help I can get, this retirement lark is

dangerous.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts