Wallpaper & flooring for Caravan

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I am looking to buy a 1974 caravan and it is obviously very dated inside, and not in a cool retro way! I'd like to put up new wallpaper and lay a new flooring but as a total caravan novice (this will be my first!) I'm not sure if I need to buy special caravan wallpaper and flooring or can I just hang regular wallpaper from B&Q and some floor tiles or carpet?

Thanks in advance!!!!
smiley-kiss.gif

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Caravans do not use wallpaper in build, the wall boards are a foil laminate which is waterproof.
However, if you wish to use wallpaper it would be better to use a vinyl and prepare the walls with PVA first to give a key for the wallpaper paste to stick to.
Carpet can be anything you like, and some companies will fit it for you.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Rosie, hopefully your van is just dated in decor. However, if you don't know much about vans make sure that someone who does has a good look at it structurally to make sure that it is not full of damp and that the axle, hitch, brakes, wheel bearings and all the other important bits are still sound. That way you can enjoy decorating and towing it with peace of mind.
mel

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much, that helps enormously! I know absolutely nothing at all about caravans, on my initial inspection what should I be looking for? It's a 1970's barn stored Abbey. Once I am happy I will get a professional to double check but I don't want to pay for someone to look at every caravan I like
smiley-money-mouth.gif
Thanks for your help!

TRENDING THREADS